The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

1. bierot

bierot Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you, @Obi, for the warning. I will take it into account.

2. rebelismo

rebelismo Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah I see. I was never able to find Toshiba's pen so I've been mainly using the Wacom Bamboo Smart 2 in 1 with pretty great results. I tend to use the felt tip nibs with that stylus, because I like the drag. Plastic on plastic was never a great drawing experience for me. Keep us updated if anything changes! I can also confirm what Obi said about those drivers, but I never really use Illustrator so it's not a problem for me personally.

3. bierot

bierot Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the Toshiba's nibs from Australia. I didn't find them anywhere in Europe, and few retailers deliver these kind of products from USA.

When you are talking about the felt nibs you like the drag, are you referring to the matte metallic grey ones that come bundled with the Wacom Bamboo Smart? I like them; they are, IMO, better than the black ones, but still are a little too slippery. In any case, after reading your post, I'll give them another chance.

4. rebelismo

rebelismo Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, those are the ones. I've been using the felt tips (when available) with every device that I own because it's a much better drawing experience for me. Never actually met an artist who preferred the plastic ones, but I'm sure they exist :D.
    Nib.jpg

5. Obi

Obi Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anybody know if I can use the Miix 700 charger to charge my iPhone or whatever? It would be nice to only carry around the one brick and a few cables. I dont wanna accidently send 20W into my phone though.

6. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've used it to charge my android phone and some other small bay trail windows tablets. I haven't measured but the phone seemed to charge slower than some of my other chargers. The tablets charged fine. It may have also been the cable. But yes, if you intend to charge your phone over night you will have no problems with the miix charger.

7. nadadroid

nadadroid Pen Pal - Newbie

AutoRotate broken for me again.......

Autorotate frequently breaks for me when I apply MS updates monthly. It lives mostly off-net.
    I usually reapply the intel sensor hub (ISH) and chipset drivers to get it back. May trigger something else, but that combo seems to get the job done.
    But, not this time. Action center rotate button does noting and no option in display settings, zippo. Registry setting HKLM\s..w\m..s\Windows\c..v\AutoRotation is there with SlateEnable & Enable = 1, but SensorPresent is 0. Setting SensorPresent=1 doesn't trigger anything, so it seems the sensor is either dead or I need to get the right driver/setting enabled again. (win10x64). The yoga YMC service doesn't seem to make any difference.
    AutoRotate has never worked with the kb attached--folded back, but I usually pull it off anyway--switches right into table mode.

Any words of wisdom? Specific driver to reapply? I use it a lot to read manuals and it is a real hassle to manually change the orientation.

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I disabled it from day one so I didn't know it was even broken. I don't like auto rotate butting-in-ski when I don't want it to. I usually rotate canvas via the display properties manually when I want to draw in portrait.

9. nadadroid

nadadroid Pen Pal - Newbie

Would love to have this work as advertized. I swap from reading configuration/data screens in landscape to manuals in portrait. Clearly, the solution is to have the cfg software rewritten to accomodate a portrait screen (they wern't laughing).
    However, found that by making a shortcut or task bar pin of the "Windows Mobility Center" (c:/windows/system32/mblctr.exe). You can change the orientation with a button.

I also just found Noel Danjou's display.exe utility. You can make shourcuts that contain the command and arguments needed to rotate a screen, and then leave theshortcuts on the desktop or pin them to the task bar. It is a 32-bit app, but it seems to work OK. Trying out on a site call tomorrow, one button goes clockwise (leaves tab button at top) and the other to zero home. (portrait).

c:\utils\display.exe /orient:cw /toggle {turn 90 degrees clockwise from the default screen orientation).
    display /? gives you the skinny.

Found at : http://noeld.com/programs.asp#Display

10. Obi

Obi Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody know if the WiFi cards are whitelist restricted on the Miix 700? I'm thinking about replacing mine with a Intel 9260.