The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDaddict

HDaddict Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, unfortunately that's what I do too,

The terrible hissing noi from the headphones is back again :( it makes the use of headphones absolutely useless. Any ideas???

2. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the drivers but I can't remember any more. I think I tried deleting everything and reinstalling. Also the driver software has some settings. I remember fiddling around in there a little bit. You might want to take a look in there.

HDaddict likes this.
  3. HDaddict

I tried to change some settings, but nothing changed it. Any chance you remember what changes you made???

4. jjsa1985

I just had a look and I can't remember what I did. My driver version is 6.0.1.7905.

HDaddict likes this.
  5. HDaddict

It's the version I have too.
    I actually didn't see many settings to change. Only dolby HD, but changing that didn't make a difference

6. jjsa1985

I'm sorry. I'm all out of ideas. The last thing I can think of is I turned audio plug in notifications off. I remember there was a hiss when the notification popped up to alert me that I was plugging in, so I disabled the notification. Other than that, I'm all out.

HDaddict likes this.
  7. cobson

cobson Pen Pal - Newbie

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

WIth Photoshop and others moving on to Microsoft pen API, I don't see the need for Wintab on my device at all anymore. If you are still stuck on a legacy app that you can't let go that only works Wintab, you need to try out newer apps.

Also, generic Wintab = no pen button mapping for Wacom pens so it's pretty pointless IMO. Sure you can use pre CC Photoshop on your device with Wintab driver, but would you want to in the age of multi-touch?

For Miix 700 anyways, the winning combo is the Wacom Expresskey Remote + built in MS pen API.

10. jjsa1985

The M3 64gb 4gb ram version of this is on sale at lenovos website for 400. That's the config I have, and I am very pleased with it. Seems like great value.

Anyway, that's not why I'm really here. Question: can the Miix 700 drive a 4k external monitor through HDMI? Can it do it over miracast? I'm just tired of having my desktop monitor needing to be at 100% scaling and I have my Miix set at 175%, so every time I connect to my monitor for some desk work I have to sign out and sign in. I thought may be a 4k monitor would look OK on 175% scaling, then I would not have to sign out and back in every time I connect to the monitor. So, can it do it? Have any of you had similar problems and how have you dealt with them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.