The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, I see. Yeah, I honestly don't really use the track pad, but its lack of sensitivity also makes me not want to use it at all. The keyboard feels fine though. I really have very little problem being precise using the actual touch screen, but on the off chance there was a fix for it, then figured I might as well grab it.

2. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

There is a keyboard firmware which makes the touchpad worse, but a subsequent touchpad firmware made it slightly better and added some options which you can tweak. For me, the original track pad firmware did not handle click and drag well at all. The update makes that much better, but the speed of the cursor is slow and inconsistent. So I guess it is up to you to decide whether click and drag is more important than consistent speed of the cursor. Also I think the update decreased the occurrence of activating while typing and throwing your cursor to random places on the screen. The keyboard firmware was to correct missed key strokes.

HDaddict likes this.
  3. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

For any other artists interested in using the miix 700 for art along with clip studio paint, I made an image detailing some of the technicalities of the interactions between the hardware and software. I really wish Wacom could fit their EMR tech into something with the form factor of the Miix. I really don't care for carrying around multiple devices or owning superfluous ones. The miix has its trade offs, but is overall quite good.

http://ability-normal.deviantart.co...x-700-653827854?ga_submit_new=10%3A1482923059

kvoram likes this.
  4. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

One more quick question for anyone who knows about the track pad. Is there any way to simply disable it entirely while keeping the keyboard on?

5. jjsa1985

It looks like f6 is the key you are looking for.

Dweam likes this.
  6. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

Why thank you! That was much easier than I was expecting.

7. HDaddict

HDaddict Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone experiencing lots of static noise when connecting headphones?

8. jjsa1985

I had that problem a while ago. I think it was fixed by a driver update. Have you updated to the latest audio drivers from the Lenovo website?

HDaddict likes this.
  9. HDaddict

HDaddict Pen Pal - Newbie

I just updated to the latest Realtek drivers, and now there's only minimal static noise.. for me it's a good fix.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Why the Lenovo Companion program doesn't detect these updates?? What is it for if not for that!

10. jjsa1985

I don't know what it's good for but I noticed it doesn't detect driver updates so I deleted it and I just check the website every so often, especially if there is something I'm not happy with and think it might be a driver issue.

HDaddict likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.