The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

Another quick update. I am finding that the problem with flicks at the beginning and ending of strokes has more to do with clip studio than the wacom pen. When I try to use wintab in CSP, the flicks pretty much vanish. I lose all pressure sensitivity though, so this isn't really an option. I've been doing my best to mess with options so that I can fix this problem, but it might need to come from the CSP side of things more than the lenovo or the wacom side of things.

I don't seem to get this problem in other programs that use the pen. I also notice I get noticeably more flicks at the ends of lines when I have stabilization turned on. Sometimes they show up even with it off, but with much less frequency. This however negates the reason that I like CSP, because the stabilization gives me natural looking line work.

I also have noticed that after calibrating the pen, it is pretty darn accurate to the tip. More than I realized upon first trying to use it.

HDaddict likes this.
  2. HDaddict

HDaddict Pen Pal - Newbie

Would anyone be interested in a video showing android running perfectly on the Miix 700? I've been using RemixOS on my device for a few months now and it's just great. Everything works except rotation sensor, which isn't a big deal really.

kvoram likes this.
  3. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@HDaddict , would love to see some pen action with Remix OS ón your device. Have been thinking about trying Remix OS on my devices, but never gotten around to it.

4. HDaddict

Sure. I usually don't use the pen, so let me know which apps I should try and what to show in the video

5. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

That would be great , I'm curious if amazon video would run on remixOS since windows doesn't have the capability of offline video viewing and if it works the would mean i could watch videos while commuting on the surface screen rather than on the small phone screen

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

6. HDaddict

Do I need a Prime subscription for that? Send me a link to a video on Amazon and I'll see what I can do

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unless you've discovered another source for Wintab, you can't use it on the Miix 700 because it's normally supplied with the Wacom Feel driver. Although the Miix is somewhat compatible with other Wacom AES devices, its panel is actually supplied by Elan.

I don't have an issue running CSP on my Miix and I know that @Shogmaster does as well. Maybe the nib and screen are too slippery for you, though it's odd that it only seems to be occurring in CSP. Have you tried adjusting your pen pressure settings within the software?

HDaddict likes this.
  8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I would try another AES pen. That one may be faulty. No problems with my pen and CSP on Miix 700.

9. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Were you able to calibrate it in portrait mode? When I launch the calibration tool in portrait it launches as though it is trying to fill the screen in landscape orientation, that is, looking at it in portrait mode the tool doesnt reach the bottom of the screen and the right side of the tool is off the screen. I hope that makes sense.

10. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

I have three pens for it. I have the one that came with it, the bamboo smart, and the dell active pen. All of them have this behavior in csp. I can maybe try to take some video to illustrate what i mean later.

This was also something that I noticed happened with the Surface pro 4 pen as well. I think it has more to do with AES pens in CSP than anything else at the moment. I'll be continually looking into some solutions, if there are any.

This is particularly noticeable with felt pen tools in CSP. It happens with just about every brush, but because others start very light as they fade in, the flicks are nearly invisible unless i zoom in very close to see them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.