The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I love my m3 Surface Pro 4. It's the device I use most on the go.

@Kritter the m3 benchmarks surprisingly better than the m-5y10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Exactly! Just to add some further information on that note, here is what I was about to put in my prior comment:

Yes, performance is far and away better--it outperforms my long-gone Venue 11 Pro 7140 with a 5Y71 processor under the hood! There is zero throttling on the Surface Pro 4 under any and every load you throw at it. The thermals are so good that it performs on par with some Core U-class (15 W) laptops and 2-in-1's at sustained loads. For example, see the XPS 13's performance in NotebookCheck's review of the m3 Surface Pro 4 where they cross-compare device metrics ( http://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3-Tablet-Review.153843.0.html ). In Cinebench R11.5, the XPS 13 gets 2.33 while the m3 Surface Pro 4 gets 2.27; note that mine which I have with the latest firmware gets 2.35!

Additionally, Microsoft warranty service is hassle-free and top-notch--better than Apple, in my opinion. Absolutely zero annoying foreign agents who push you to the back of the queue without weeks multiplied by months of waiting go by if your device has any problems. You can even walk to a local Microsoft Store and they will exchange your defective device on-the-spot--and they even serve free beverages to customers.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

I just tested the Surface Pen and I really like it's feel when writing! But I don't think I can wait for it go on sale as classes start next week and I have a fast paced quarter. In this case, would the miix 700 be my best alternative then?

@surfaceproartist - which wacom aes pens offer the same resistance as the nibs on the surface pen?

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The HP Spectre x2 is available on Amazon for under $450. Throw in the $40 HP Active Pen with App Launch or Wacom Bamboo Smart and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Agreed! The Spectre x2 no longer costs more than the Miix 700. It is now much less. So all factors considered, it is the better deal overall!

6. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you guys! I guess for my usage the M3 will be more than enough and I can save some extra cash with the Spectre X2. I'm most likely getting the bamboo smart pen as the HP Active Pen from my EN8 is shorter than a pen I would be comfortable using. Now I just need to order it!

P.S - Sorry to the mod of this thread for straying out of topic.

7. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

What type of sleeve/case are people using for their Miix 700?

I just bought two Surface Pro 4 sleeves from Microsoft Store and the Miix 700 is a little too big.

Any good suggestions?

HDaddict likes this.
  8. R.C.

R.C. Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the Axiotron Studio Pen compatible with the Miix 700? I've tried to scrounge up any info involving the two but my detective skills are maxed out. At this point I'm guessing no but I figure I better ask before I give up and settle for a cheap replacement. Thanks.

9. HDaddict

HDaddict Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also looking for a good sleeve, preferably with a pouch for storing the ac adapter and pen.

10. bierot

bierot Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a case and a small sleeve for my Miix700 m5/4Gb/128Gb.

I'm very happy with the case. I found it in Amazon Europe for 13 Euros with Amazon Premium:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01GR88JWO...ails?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1471989382&sr=8-2

It is also available at Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-PU-Leather-Case-Cover-Card-Wallet-For-Lenovo-MIIX4-MIIX700-12-Tablet/282112662233?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=39218&meid=d823f5bfa10d4acb9b9e4de05b65bbc7&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=262335077655

For its price, It is nice and very well made. Nevertheless there are two things to take into account. The loop for the pen is a little bit too exposed. It works, but I have to be careful when putting the tablet into/taking it out of my rugsack, because sometimes the stylus falls down. The second issue is related to the hole for the outer camera; for some models it is not correctly positioned. It is my case, but fortunately I never have to take photos with my slate.

I also bought a cheap sleeve at:

https://www.amazon.es/kwmobile-Funda-tablet-funda-fieltro/dp/B00Q8LU01E/ref=sr_1_96?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1471996956&sr=1-96&keywords=Lenovo+Miix+700+Tablet&th=1

It is made in Germany (http://www.kwmobile.de/?lang=en). I don't know, though, if they send it worldwide. It has two different sized pockets and a loop for the pen. It is possible to allocate the AC adapter into the bigger pocket, but in my opinion it is quite uncomfortable.

The sleeve is also very nice but I prefer to use the case because I find it more practical.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    HDaddict likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.