The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried it out, not too noticeable changes and still runs after the 0% mark, but thanks anyway! Hard to believe Lenovos own app didn't pick that up...

So I called Customer Service, this issue actually suprised them, but they said its not a cause for concern. One recommendation they did offer was to uninstall the Battery Driver,then plug it in to AC, shutdown and restart which should reinstall the driver.

Not sure if I want to go that route since drivers are a bit of a headache on this device. I've updated the Intel Sensor Hub in the Systems section of the Device Manager, which caused the tablet to no longer have sensors, be stuck in landscape/portrait mode, and lose the autobrightness settings. I've had to wipe the tablet and do a restore when I did this, so would highly recommend avoid updating this driver in the Device Manager

2. lazer155

lazer155 Pen Pal - Newbie

I read the costco version doesn't come with a pen and you have to buy it separately. The costco version does still have a digitizer though, right? I'm asking because on this first post of this thread, it says some versions exist without digitizer and I want to make sure the costco version does come with the pen digitizer. I don't mind having to get the pen separately. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...0-tablets-and-convertibles-with-stylus.67533/

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It physically has the digitizer, but not the firmware. You must install the AES firmware to enable the pen use.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  4. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek Pen Pal - Newbie

So has anyone actually opened the device to see inside. I know it has some upgradeability but is all the infrastructure there for an LTE modem install like on the XPS 12?

5. jaredthegeek

jaredthegeek Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there confirmation that LTE can be added? I searched the thread and while the part number is listed there is the issue of having a sim slot. The antennas may not bee too big of the deal but the sim slot would be the keystone.

6. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Had a question on the Intel HD 515 Graphics Driver: my version says its up to date (20.19.15.4352, 12/15/2015) in Device Manager, however I noticed the Intel site has a driver up for 6th Gen Core Ms (4/22/2016,15.40.22.4424):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pr...15-for-6th-Generation-Intel-Core-M-Processors

Has anyone tried installing this driver and had any issues? My Chrome seems to be crashing somewhat frequently and was hoping to install this but just wanted to see if anyone else had done so and had any issues. Very odd the device manager didnt detect this....

7. Shogmaster

8. Ennio Gamboa

Ennio Gamboa Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey men, a question could you help me? i'm have the intention to buy from amazon the same exact model from the miix 700 80QL000CUS I have search and apper it bring the active pen already. could you confirm that? Are you had any hardware problem with this model? battery, AC Charger?, cracket screen?, bad finish in the case?, screen ghost?

I just want to be sure to make the spend and buy an excelent product.

Thank you very much

9. senritsu01

senritsu01 Pen Pal - Newbie

How is drawing in clip studio pro? And sai...and mischief? Those are the three I programs I mostly use. I was thinking about getting this for school and to occasionally doodle or draw.

10. Shogmaster

I did a quick sketch in clip studio paint

senritsu01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.