The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, that's the one. It's $39.95 direct from Lenovo.

The tips can be replaced; they're just not sold separately at the moment. I think they should hold up well for note-taking. The nib on the pen I bought nearly a year ago is still going strong.

Sam1234 likes this.
  2. OCTablet

OCTablet Pen Pal - Newbie

How about the hover distance with the Dynapad Trupen on Miix 700? Is it still 1-2mm or better?

3. phase IV ending

phase IV ending Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought the one with Amazon prime that had the photos of the extra nibs was the newer one, the model GX80K32882 ?

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I suck at measurement (I don't have any calipers or anything to judge by) but my guess is it's closer to a 1/4 inch or 6 mm.

Sam1234 likes this.
  5. OCTablet

OCTablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! I just ordered one on Costco online.

6. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much! I took the plunge earlier this week and its really great! Suprisingly my battery times seems a tad better than the the Surface 3 (although I thought its 5-6 hour time was a little low for an Atom), but I'm only doing 40% brightness on balanced so sure there's room for improvement.

One question that I've been googling to found out the answer to with no luck: can this device eventually support Connected Standby / InstantGo? Believe its up to the manufacturer's BIOS correct?

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I would think it's up to the ODMs. Hardware wise, I don't see why it couldn't. Maybe it's feature saved for "professional" lines like Thinkpads.

8. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

So been doing some battery tests and came across somehting odd: I typically get around 5ish hours WIFI on, 40% brightness, however, when the battery hits 0, it actually lasts an additional 1 hr 15 mins to 1 hr 45 mins. Anyone else encountered this issue or have any thoughts on how to fix? I did a full drain last night so I'll try and see if that helps calibrate it

9. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am unsure if this will fix your issue, however applying the latest energy management driver/battery update from Lenovo did help me to gain a lot more battery life.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/wwet020e.exe

This is the link using my model number (miix-700-12isk), I'd play it safe and navigate to Lenovo support and then navigate to your model manually just in case there are any changes.

10. Sam1234

Sam1234 Pen Pal - Newbie

So I got the Thinkpad Active Pen and everything is fine, except accuracy greatly deminishes when reaching the top 1 inch of the screen (in landscape). If I hover the pen over the note tabs of Microsoft onenote 2016 for example, the hover point goes wild and starts jumping up and down. Drawing in the upper 1 inch, lines are very jagged.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried calibrating the pen, but with no increase in accuracy. I wonder if it's the pen or the tablet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.