The Miix 700 is Lenovo's Surface killer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by scoobie, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidTeo

DavidTeo Pen Pal - Newbie

Can I ask, does the miix 700 suffer from as many problems as the SP4? In particular the black screen upon waking the device up and all the BSODs.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've never had a BSOD on either the SP4 or the Miix. You may be thinking of the Surface Book.

As for waking issues, I think all Skylake processors may have this problem to some degree. I just turn my devices off. They boot too quickly to notice much of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

This has always been my biggest pet peeve ever since they started combining touch and inking. I have a Samsung Ativ 500t that was one of the very first few affordable slates. However, the horrible palm rejection makes it nearly impossible to take fast (or lengthy) notes without turning off the touch feature. There are times when I'm working on a good math problem and all of a sudden my palm registers first and the Onenote page will zoom in or get moved to the side. It is so annoying. I'm looking into getting a furface 3 to replace my Ativ 500t, but the price is a little steep since I will just be using the tablet for notes.

I also have the galaxy note 8, which is horrible for lengthy notes too. After the latest update, the calibration is off and there is no way to calibrate the pen. I'm almost tempted to go back to pen and paper. lol

4. runny

runny Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my Miix 700 and I am very happy with it for now. I would love to try the Toshiba Pen, but can not find it anywhere.
    Does anyone have suggestions for apps using the Intel RealSense Camera? It seems to be working for me, but for now i have only found the itSeez3d app to make 3D pictures of people. Would be great to try other features, like measuring distances!

5. BattleRoyale

BattleRoyale Pen Pal - Newbie

Just letting you all know that the Miix 700 is now going for $549.99 on costco.com. I e-mailed them last night for a price match and they responded this morning and gave me a refund for the difference.

6. surfaceproartist

Thanks for the heads up @BattleRoyale! I just got my $50 credit as well.

7. phase IV ending

phase IV ending Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered mine through a friend's account. Got the pen pro from Amazon, will see how it goes.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  8. Sam1234

Sam1234 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there SPA. I got a question for you since you seem to know a good deal about how pens perform on the Miix. Since the trupen is out of stock everywhere, the Thinkpad Pro Pen is the next best in your opinion as far as hover distance goes....is that correct ?

Best ,
    Sam

9. surfaceproartist

Yes, the hover distance of the current model is actually the same as the dynaPad's TruPen. I was originally comparing an earlier generation of Thinkpad Pro Pen released in mid-2015. The slight advantage of the TruPen is its softer tip and the availability of replacements via Toshiba.com/CDW.

Sam1234 likes this.
  10. Sam1234

Sam1234 Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you for the quick response. So this is the model to get: (
    4X80H34887 )
    : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VES9FHG/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=#Ask

Since the tips on these cant be replaced, how long would you say the tip would last for some who does some light note taking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.