The long awaited successor to the Elitebook 2760P...? The Elitebook Revolve!

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by Ebenezer, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebenezer

Ebenezer Pen Pal - Newbie

The Revolve indeed looks very very sleek...

However I do hope the Elitebook 27xxP series is continued.

I have an Elitebook 2760P and was comparing it to the photo showing the Revolve next to a 27XXP device...

Notice the shiny HP print on the screen bezel: My 2760P has it at the top left of the screen bezel while the photo has it at the bottom left of the screen bezel... Could there be a refresh of the 2760P...? :confused:-

The effectiveness of using an electronic pen depends on 3 areas i think: hardware, software and the individual user's style both in writing and usage.

Software-wise, handwriting recognition has improved greatly comparing from Win XP to Vista to Win 7.

Hardware-wise, while I have only tried Wacom pen equipped tablet convertibles, the attractiveness of using a pen that does not rely on batteries is very desirable.

As for the individual, for myself, I find using the pen for writing is greatly limited by the software used.

On the upside, it seems Samsung's S-Note (I have a Galaxy Note) is pretty good at handwriting recognition. And Samsung did revise the Galaxy Note 10.1's design to incorporate a pen silo.

Let's hope more manufacturers include a silo or even some form of pen dock for their designs, even if they make the pen an optional accessory now. (They could allow storage of the pen at the battery area...?)

So the question now is: Is the finger mightier than the pen...? ;)
    There is adequate space for both to coexist.

The call now is to increase the number of software that allows both "live" and post handwriting recognition?
    (After all, who uses fingers to write on the screen for more than a few words...?!)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

The EliteBook Revolve should be available this month.

If anyway gets to use one , I would like to hear how well the digitizer works.

3. peterf

peterf Scribbler - Standard Member

1366x768 screen
    Almost wanted it. No one will just make my ideal tablet
    Convertible in some way
    1920x1080 screen
    at least 8GB RAM
    Active Pen (Wacom Preferred)

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

any word this will be ULV processor or a full voltage like its predecessors (HP 2760p) ?

5. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

6. Unlogic

7. Liberty

Liberty Scribbler - Standard Member

It took forever. Many other brands were out last summer.

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

That is kind of expensive for a laptop without a digitizer. How is the screen, and contrast on this?

9. Unlogic

I think it has a digitizer but no pen silo so you have to carry the stylus in your pocket or bag. At least that's the spec the preview unit Engadget looked on a few months ago had.

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Yeah I looked a bit into and it the talk was there was suppose o be an optional digitizer from Amtel, the same one that was suppose to come out with the Slate 8 and Evy X2, but the pen hasn't really come out yet. The more I looked around this could be the perfect tablet for my needs, if the pen get release, and works as well as N-Trig at the very least. I also think for the base price it should be 256ssd, but maybe by the time the pen comes out prices will come down a bit. The only unknown for me is the screen quality and accuracy. I take this is a matte or anti-glare display?