the latest revision of Dell Active Stylus

Discussion in 'Dell' started by alisaad619, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi , I'm going to buy the latest HP Pavilion X2 , which support HP Active Pen , but from browsing a lot of people recommend buying Dell Active stylus instead , but from going to amazon.fr , amazon.com and ebay.com I found a lot of different models (like 750-AAGN and 750AADN ) so which one is the best and latest one ? thanks

2. alisaad619

I found
    750-AAHC
    750-AAGN
    750-AADT

Which one is best ?

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The more recent half silver, half black Dell active stylus has worked well for people.

4. alisaad619

5. alisaad619

6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

My understanding is they are one in the same. By the way, the A00/A03 is on sale at MacMall for $26.98 plus free expedited shipping! I just got mine there a little over a week ago. And yes, it works so much better than the old black Dell styli.

http://www.macmall.com/p/Dell-Pointing-Devices/product~dpno~13365198~pdp.ijhhidb

7. Mikerman

I might urge caution here. I know that the Dell active stylus now is working fine, but there were issues with earlier versions. Because of that, I might think carefully before buying one on eBay, where there might be lesser return protection. Because of that issue, I might be more tempted to purchase from an established retail store. (I also found the stylus on eBay at even lower pricing, but stating, "no warranty"--that would concern me.)

Also, for whatever it is worth, Dell often has been hinky in providing warranty coverage for products not purchased directly from it, Dell (even though this violates warranty policy); I might be tempted to see if there is sale pricing available for the stylus at dell.com, if possible.

8. Mikerman

Is this MacMall Dell active stylus also compatible with the Dell Venue 8 Pro? MacMall doesn't list that, nor does it list the regular Dell part number info.-- unclear if this is the Dell AAGN part number model (which I otherwise would assume it is).

9. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Yes, it is. It is the silver Synaptics one. I know because I have one and have been using it often the last week and a half on my Venue 11 Pro 7140.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  10. Mikerman

Thanks--just thought it would be helpful to clarify this for people. As I said, MacMall doesn't list the DV8P in the stylus product info., for some odd reason.