The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well Samsung has a slew of new stuff coming at CES including a 1.9 pound 13" laptop, I am guessing Asus does too..maybe I just wait and see what it is as It's only about 10 days away now.

2. HionHiFi

HionHiFi Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree. It must not be seeing the sensor. I've even factory reset the tablet but no luck. It didn't work, the rotation option still didn't reappear. Nor did the option for rotation in the display menu. I'll be returning the unit and requesting a refund

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

3. CoolManny

CoolManny Pen Pal - Newbie

Teknotus likes this.
  4. John Prado

John Prado Pen Pal - Newbie

Great find coolmanny! Sure does explain a lot. Kind of bums me out since they sell such a portable device with so much style but then deliver it with such an obnoxious power supply. Hopefully they will release another option or give us a software update in the near future.

5. CoolManny

CoolManny Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Max3d

Max3d Pen Pal - Newbie

I have my spectre since a few days, but I'm struggling with the display driver. It keeps on stopping/restarting with intermittent failures to restart ending in a completely dead system.

I did go to the HP site and upgraded to 10.18.15.4279 but the driver crashes still say that the R8 driver crashed, like it's a Win 8 driver. I also upgraded the BIOS and some of the BT stuff but it makes no difference.

Which driver version do you guys use?

7. duqtito81

duqtito81 Pen Pal - Newbie

The most current display driver published by HP still has crashing issues. Supposedly the most recent public version direct from Intel resolves this. However when you try to do the normal install, it says it is not properly configured by the OEM. You can update directly, or wait for HP/MS to modify and sign the version that will come via Software update sometime in the coming weeks.

I have noticed about 3-4 crashes per hour in my normal usage but its more annoying than actually detrimental for me at this point. I can wait for the HP-blessed version for now.

8. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm going to buy HP Elite x2 1012 , it's like the spectre x2 , I'm assuming it'll have the same charging issue , but at least it'll charge via any usb-c cable when the device is sleep or off (like if I have a powerbank or a car charger)?

9. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The Elite comes with a USB 3.1 port, which includes Thunderbolt3. This port isn't new and you can get a lot of power injector adapter for that kind of port.

10. HionHiFi

HionHiFi Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately I had to send mine back. Loved the form factor, performance, features and build quality but in the end it just had to much going against it.

I wish you all good luck with yours. Thank you all for the help you provided me! I appreciate it. Cheers.

CoolManny likes this.