The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for verifying that about the coupon, I guess the guy who spoke to me was just mad that he wasn't going to get a commission.

Utan-chan and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'll go ahead and answer my own question: yes, it can. Per HP's initial press release, "The HP Spectre x2 features two USB Type-C™ connectors, both with the capability to charge, power and connect to a display, transfer data and support HP Sleep and Charge."

Source: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-news/press-release.html?id=2098623#.ViXffzZdE2w

3. sonichedgehog360

For any trying to place an order, as of this morning, the coupons no longer work. Investigating...

4. sonichedgehog360

I went ahead and recontacted HP and I got in touch with a senior customer sales agent. She made it clear from the start that the coupons were never meant to be applicable. The only reason they were able to make it through the system was because the coupons were published long before the Spectre x2 was made available and they had to catch up and add the Spectre x2 to the exclusion list. The agent noted that all orders placed with the coupon will likely be cancelled but you can try calling in and explaining you situation so they can get an override from a manager. She offered to still give the product at the price I originally had been quoted. However, I told her that I was still on the fence between it and the Surface Pro 4 and that I was waiting for the Lenovo MIIX 700 to go up for preorder so I could see which was the better deal. She said she understood, and that I could call back in and try asking for the same deal later in the month, explaining the situation I had gone through. For reference, the agent's name is Mary Hildreth. Her email at hp.com is her name with a period in-between her first and last name.

5. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dang ... I'm looking at this closely.
    Am I too late to the party?

6. sonichedgehog360

Probably, and those of us who came away with party favors are likely looking at an Indian giver, too.

ships10 likes this.
  7. Kendra

Kendra Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know the sRGB of the 1280p screen? Kinda looking forwards to that with the chance of not having to scale anything.

8. sonichedgehog360

No, no listed color gamut or range yet. But keep your eye out on NotebookCheck ( http://www.notebookcheck.net/ ) for a review of the Spectre because they always do a comprehensive display test in their reviews.

9. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So do you think I should just hope for the best or actually contact them? This is a for sure buy at the discounted price for me. Trying to decide whether to be pro-active and all, or reactive and complain when its canceled.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. sonichedgehog360

I say wait it out and don't stir the pot unless they cancel the order. They apparently have a loophole in the coupons that states "while supplies last." If the worst happens, point out to them that they processed the order and somewhere in their terms it states once that occurs, they have validated the coupon. Tell them that they have been holding your money and that they, not delivering the goods as outlined in their sales agreement, mislead you and caused potential monetary losses for you.

nnthemperor likes this.