The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. M.L.

M.L. Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know if this comes with the following features?

- TPM for bitlocker
    - Ability to replace SSD? Does it use msata or m.2 (like spectre 360)? or is it solder onto the board like SP3?

Specs says "2 USB 2.0 (Type-C)" I hope its a typo, since Type-C can be USB 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1

Anyone try using Discover for 5% cashback from hp.com?

2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. sonichedgehog360

It likely has a TPM since the old 13 inch Spectre X2 is listed as having one. However, you likely will not be able to open and access the SSD. This is something quite rare that only the old Dell Venue 11 Pro line is quite unique in offering. But it would be a pleasant surprise if it did!

By the way, you can get 2% cashback at HP.com with BeFrugal. Like I posted in the Surface Pro 4 thread, use my affiliate link if you found any of my posts helpful in this thread or elsewhere. This works also on the Microsoft Store (including the Education Store if you navigate to it from the page you are sent to; 5% cashback on Surface products), Amazon (up to 6%), Walmart (up to 18%), Best Buy (1.2%), Dell (5%), etc. You'll get an additional $5 cashback bonus (besides the $10 you normally get for signing up) on your first purchase if you join using this link! :) Thanks!
    http://www.befrugal.com/cashback/?ref=YCICTLN

4. sonichedgehog360

5. M.L.

M.L. Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the quick response. The old Spectre 13 had 2x USB 3.0 connection. Do you think this one is really USB 2.0? Lack of USB 3.0 would prevent me from getting this.

6. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got off the phone with an HP rep and he said that they are currently in the process of canceling all of the orders placed using any coupon and ordering through HP dot com. He claimed that none of the Spectre models have qualified for coupons within the first year of going on sale... not even the $10 off coupons.

I am going to order one right now in hopes he was bluffing.

7. sonichedgehog360

He must not know what he is talking (i.e. being dishonest) about because I have tested coupons on past Spectre models before, well within one year of the release date and they worked. He probably didn't particularly like the fact that his commission was going to be quite a bit smaller or non-existent after the coupon was applied. The truth be told, he must be bluffing because the coupon codes still work in the system at this point. I am chatting with a representative to get to the bottom of this and report this incident to HP.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. sonichedgehog360

So I finally got word back from HP sales as to whether the coupon codes being applied to the HP Spectre X2 was valid and if orders placed would go through. Tl;dr: Yes! I highlighted the portion of the message that says as much.

Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting hp.com Sales Center.

I am very sorry to know that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory purchase experience. I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced due to the confusion you've encountered with the coupon codes. I understand that you would like to know if the coupon code (SEPTEMBER25 and SEPTEMBER30) can be applied to the new HP Spectre x2 12.

I have tried locating the coupon codes and check their exclusions. Here are the products that can't be combine with the coupon code. Below are the following:

K1M35AV HP Spectre x360 13 - Touch 8.1
    M6W88AV HP Spectre x360 13" Laptop
    L3Y67AV HP Omen 15 - Touch 8.1
    M3G78AV HP Omen 15 - Touch 8.1
    M0K54AV#ABA_1 Envy Phoenix 850-050qe Desktop PC
    N0X15AV#ABA_1 Envy Phoenix 850-150qe Win10 Desktop PC
    M0K55AV#ABA_1 Envy Phoenix 850-055qe Win7 Desktop PC
    Sprout by HP 23-s310 Win 10 M9Z25AA#ABA
    HP Sprout 23-s010 J4W72AA#ABA
    HP Envy 750-165se Win7 Desktop PC P5Q80AV#ABA_1
    HP Envy 750-170se Win10 Desktop PC N3G97AV#ABA_1
    HP Sprout 23-s010 J4W72AA#ABA"

As you can see that the new HP Spectre x2 - 12t Touch Laptop can be combine with the coupon code. However, please also be advise that both coupon codes has the following purchase requirements.

SEPTEMBER25 - Non-stackable 25% off CTO PCs $999+, GS tier only
    SEPTEMBER30 - Non-stackable 30% off CTO PCs $1199+, GS tier only

Non-stackable means cannot be combine with the instant rebate the laptop or the desktop has and this can only be combine with CTO PC's.

I have included the link on the CTO HP Spectre x2 - 12t Touch Laptop for your reference. The starting price is only $949.99. Here's the link:http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-spectre-x2---12t-touch-laptop-m1t80av-1

To complete your HP solution, I suggest that you also purchase HP speakers for you to enjoy sharp, expansive sound for music, movies and games. We have the HP 2.1 Compact Speaker System. With this, you'll appreciate the clear, robust response for challenging low musical notes and sound effects. Here is the page link for your perusal:http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stor...hp-21-compact-speaker-system-p-br386aa-abl--1

I hope this information has assisted you in making your purchase here, *****. Don't forget that one of the best resources that we have to place your order is our Sales Center. Please call 1.866.221.4553 and a Sales Representative will be able to assist you with your order placement and answer any remaining questions that you have. Their hours of operation are between: 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Customer Satisfaction is our store’s top priority. Please tell us about your email experience today. To participate, please click on our Customer Satisfaction Survey link below.

Thank you for choosing HP. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Rachel L.
    Email/Chat Representative
    hp.com​

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  9. M.L.

M.L. Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered one. Interesting thing is that Bestbuy's spec listed this device with
    2 USB 3.0 Type C ports with sleep-and-charge capability maximize the latest high-speed devices.
    If it is USB 2.0, I am sending it back.

10. sonichedgehog360

Just to remind everyone, the Spectre 12 X2's USB C ports are, per the spec sheet, USB 3.0, not 2.0 or 3.1. Now, I have a question with regards to this. Does anyone know if these USB C ports support video output capability via an adapter? To my knowledge, most PCs that come with USB C actually do. I cannot pinpoint a direct answer, and video output capability is a must-have for me. Thanks!