The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. sparg93

sparg93 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been reading this forum for months, some great items on the X2!

As an aside, an HP Tech was remotely logged into my computer last night for 2hrs and fixed all the little problems I was having. I was honestly blown away by this guy's perseverance to tackle each one, esp my BIOS issue. If you are having issues, give their service desk a try.

I've been researching Active Pens --- looking at comments here, compatibility chart made by a member and even looking through Amazon Reviews.

I've narrowed it down to the Lenovo Active Pen GX80 and the new HP Active Pen T4Z24UT#ABA. Even though neither are officially listed as compatible with the Spectre x2, a number of people have reported they both work really well. Is this a good final list or should I consider others?

With that in mind, has anyone here had the chance to test drive both of these pens? Comments on full functionality? Price is pretty reasonable, $30 for Lenovo, $40 for HP.

My primary use of this pen will be for taking lots and lots of notes, handwritten overlays on PDF's, etc. For me, I need it to feel and act to as close to a pen as possible.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Alex141

Alex141 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys. I've just "inherited" so to speak a HP Spectre x2 12-a002dx. I've got a couple of questions.
    First, I wiped it clean and installed the latest version of Windows (1703), as well as updating the BIOS to ver 28.
    Then, I found several problems, listing in order of significance:
    1) RealSense Camera doesn't seem to be working despite all my efforts to tinker with drivers -- when I open the W10 camera app, it shows a static image of "hp blue" and white. When I open the calibrator, I get a DS_INVALID_ARG error and cannot proceed.
    2) I've got a belkin SS10 usb-c (double) cable. When I connect two newer computers (case in point, a Razer Blade 2016 and a Dell XPS 13) via their usb-c ports, on both of them, Thunderbolt networking triggers and lets me browse shared files bidirectionally. However, when I try to connect either of these devices with the Spectre, I'm presented with two possibilities: 1. nothing happens. at all. 2. "The AC adapter is not compatible with this system." if I install the HID event handler driver (i believe that's the one).
    3) Are you aware if I can have the Verizon-ready LTE modem for a EU-4G compatible one (particularly for the Netherlands bands). If someone has had experience with this, how much would that cost?

tl;dr
    realsense camera wont start up
    cant do pc-to-pc data transfer over ss10 cable
    can I have 4G in eu on "verizon-ready device"

Helping me with any of these would be of great help. Thanks a lot.
    Alex

3. hootenanny

hootenanny Pen Pal - Newbie

2. The USB C ports on this computer are not Thunderbolt-enabled, unfortunately, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

3. People have talked about the possibility of replacing the LTE card with other LTE cards in the past, but I'm not sure anyone has actually gone through with it before.

4. Hank

Hank Pen Pal - Newbie

Could anybody suggest a possible charger replacement.
    As I travel alot and bringing original charger seems start to bugging me with its bulky form.

Is there any smaller plug/adapter like with usb-c cable or powerbank (will also do) that will work with this spectre X2 (2015)

Can any1 possibly clarify does BIOS F.27 Rev. A will really unlock 3rd party charger and actually works?
    If so please mention your 3rd party charger or power banka that works with it please...

Hope I'm not outta luck...

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  5. YK100

YK100 Pen Pal - Newbie

My HP Spectre X2 was recently stuck after a reboot on the "Restarting" screen.
    I could not hard reset it (didn't respond). This was going on for several hours.
    I remembered reading in a previous post to remove all external devices. I removed the micro SD card and immediately it continued and finished restarting and came alive.

I don't remember who posted this clue but thanks!

6. Downwind

Downwind Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 2017 Spectre X2 and have gone through every powerbank I can find and nothing works. The Spectre keeps trying to charge the powerbank via USB C instead of vice-versa.

On the other hand I just got a wall charger that works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07589KGQN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's the only one I've found and it's fairly small, mostly because it doesn't have a massive AC cord attached.

7. Hank

Hank Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you use the BIOS F.27 Rev. A in order for the wall charger to work?

Or any BIOS is ok?

8. Downwind

Downwind Pen Pal - Newbie

I
    I'm using F.03. I'm on a 2017 Spectre X2, not the 2015, so the system might be a little different. I've got a bunch of USB C chargers but this is the only one that worked besides the HP units.

9. xader

xader Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I have used the one with lt4220 , it works pretty well.
    but be warned that the hook between the monitor panel and the body will be damaged.

10. Hank

Hank Pen Pal - Newbie

Post som pics maybe? Like damaged how exactly?