The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Ben Coleman

Ben Coleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Fi is Google's cell phone service. It allows you to have one cell phone and as many data devices as you want on the same account for $20 plus $10 per gigabyte. Yes, the X2 is pretty good, however it's buggy. The stylus doesn't work reliably, and I am often unable to wake mine up and have to do a cold boot.

2. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I guess I lucked out. I've had mine going on 2 months and it is working fine. and for $400 it was a true bargain from Amazon. Only thing is there are no slim, light protective cases for it. The keyboard is far superior to the one for the SP4. Even the material on the bottom is a far better grade.

3. hootenanny

hootenanny Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used mine on Google Project Fi before and talked about it here. There is something screwy about the drivers for the LTE card. Normally, with a Fi sim card in the tablet, the LTE card driver will repeatedly crash with the cellular interface disappearing briefly from the network interface list when it does before coming back.

However, I've found that in some places it just works fine, so the problem is somehow location based, maybe based on the cell towers. This would explain why some people say they have no trouble with using a Fi or T-Mobile sim card and it doesn't work at all for others.

4. Ben Coleman

Ben Coleman Pen Pal - Newbie

5. LucaB

LucaB Pen Pal - Newbie

hello everybody, new BIOS update released. anyone already tried it?
    from log, it does not say anything about charging via usb-c.....I think tonight I'll update. we will see!

update: nothing to do, no possibility to charge through other chargers :(

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  6. Marezathus

Marezathus Pen Pal - Newbie

A few months ago I read through all the discussions. By then,151 pages. In order to spare myself this for a second time: is there any powerbank which works with the X2? Now my X2 is not very portable. I have to take along a brick as a powersource and a little brick as connection for hdmi and usb 3.0.
    Many regrets for paying so much money for such an ill equiped laptop.

7. Marezathus

Marezathus Pen Pal - Newbie

I did try to buy a port replicator. HP Holland said they have no port-replicator for the X2. There is not any replicator working for the X2. Not even their own brands. Does anyone have another experience? Please, let me know. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  8. Rad777

Rad777 Pen Pal - Newbie

NON OEM USB TYPE-C CHARGERS WORKING - Charging while Off & ON!

F.27 Rev.A
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...c/8499276/model/12516830/swItemId/ob-185541-1

This May BIOS allows the Targus USB TypeC Universal Charger Black APA93US to charge this tablet just like the OEM charger. I have tested the Targus and a PD enabled iVoler charger, both working.

Note, this is the MAY 17' BIOS and not the recent JUNE 17' BIOS.

I also posted this on the thread on HP:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...g-adapter/m-p/6193778/highlight/false#M403797

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    kvoram likes this.
  9. Saravana

Saravana Pen Pal - Newbie

I need help with my Spectre X2.

The system boots, may be in 2 or 3 minutes, the system suddenly stops responding and goes to BSOD.

I can reboot and check for logs before the issue happens, but nothing in the logs. Sometimes when booting, the system does not identify a boot disk at all. It looks like my SSD is failing! Any troubleshooting steps to fix appreciated.

I took my system outside US and I don't have service in India. I may have to replace the SSD myself.

I want info on what SSDs are compatible and links to disassemble. Please help.

10. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just picked up a mint X2 on eBay for $200. btw, where do i go to get the may bios update. TIA.