The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Ben Coleman

Ben Coleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Fi is Google's cell phone service. It allows you to have one cell phone and as many data devices as you want on the same account for $20 plus $10 per gigabyte. Yes, the X2 is pretty good, however it's buggy. The stylus doesn't work reliably, and I am often unable to wake mine up and have to do a cold boot.

2. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I guess I lucked out. I've had mine going on 2 months and it is working fine. and for $400 it was a true bargain from Amazon. Only thing is there are no slim, light protective cases for it. The keyboard is far superior to the one for the SP4. Even the material on the bottom is a far better grade.

3. hootenanny

hootenanny Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used mine on Google Project Fi before and talked about it here. There is something screwy about the drivers for the LTE card. Normally, with a Fi sim card in the tablet, the LTE card driver will repeatedly crash with the cellular interface disappearing briefly from the network interface list when it does before coming back.

However, I've found that in some places it just works fine, so the problem is somehow location based, maybe based on the cell towers. This would explain why some people say they have no trouble with using a Fi or T-Mobile sim card and it doesn't work at all for others.

4. Ben Coleman

Ben Coleman Pen Pal - Newbie

5. LucaB

LucaB Pen Pal - Newbie

hello everybody, new BIOS update released. anyone already tried it?
    from log, it does not say anything about charging via usb-c.....I think tonight I'll update. we will see!

update: nothing to do, no possibility to charge through other chargers :(

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  6. Marezathus

Marezathus Pen Pal - Newbie

A few months ago I read through all the discussions. By then,151 pages. In order to spare myself this for a second time: is there any powerbank which works with the X2? Now my X2 is not very portable. I have to take along a brick as a powersource and a little brick as connection for hdmi and usb 3.0.
    Many regrets for paying so much money for such an ill equiped laptop.