The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Charles Basa

Charles Basa Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having this issue too, the tablet gets really hot when it goes to sleep and almost drained when I get back on it. Will try your recom, my workaround for now when I will be away from the tablet is to close all app, turn off wifi/cellular data, put into airplane mode and shut it down and its working.

2. jbuch84

jbuch84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you should have good luck with changing to hibernate, it completely fixed that problem on mine. I did notice though that sometimes after a windows update I will need to go back in and change the settings back as they get reverted.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. Charles Basa

Charles Basa Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, the hibernate function now works! Few days ago, it does not respond that's why I shut it down. Thanks for mentioning.

4. Deepak Munjal

Deepak Munjal Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the latest on getting this laptop to work with non-Verizon SIM cards? Someone said that Google Project Fi works?

5. jbuch84

jbuch84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just did a fresh install of Win 10 AE as well. Quick question, where did you find drivers for the pen support after doing the clean install? I've tried just about ever wacom driver under the sun (both directly from HP and Wacom) without any luck...

6. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought the spectre m3 at amazon on sale for $410. It's a great looking 2-in-1, but I had software problems -- apps kept disappearing from the tray and the Microsoft apps list on the left and the Mail program was doing weird stuff. I first dealt with HP and that was a horror show and after 90 minutes of poking around inside the guy in India wouldn't fix the problem, or couldn't find it and started hustling me to spend $300 for a software protection program and became very rude and arrogant. Then I tried my provider and that was another hour or more waste of time. Finally, dealt with Microsoft. First guy did nothing after an hour or so of screwing around. Called again this guy claimed my sign-in was corrupt. Supposedly fixed it, or so it seemed. Next day, apps etc disappeared. So I've returned it. Too much frustration and waste of valuable time. Anyone have such problems with theirs? It's a bargain if it works. I have the Surface pro 4 and the surface 3 and no such problems whatsoever. I may try again for the HP if it drops again in price maybe to the mid 300s.

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Apps disappearing? That's a weird one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. RUGGLES99

RUGGLES99 Pen Pal - Newbie

It truly is weird. And three techs from three different orgainizations couldn't correct it. I thought it was finally solved by the MSFT tech and everything was in great shape for several hours afterwards when I powered off. Yesterday I powered on -- and once again the apps in the tray and in the left-hand list were missing, and couldn't be found. I wasnt about to reset and start over again. So it's on its way back to AMZN. BTW, I paid $410 no tax, free shipping, two day prime. Now its up to $428 (last I checked) and the other day it was down to $399. I assume HP has canceled this, although I can find nothing online to back that up. Is it cancelled? Since its introduction it seems to have had its troubles. Reading the forum, everyone was so thrilled around the time of its introduction, and then things went down hill. I'm just not sure whether mine had some strange software glitch. As I said in my initial post, if it drops in price to the mid $300s I may try again. But I really don't need the hassles. I'm basically a Mac guy, but I love my Surface 3 and Surace pro 4.

9. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't use my Spectre x2 very often, but I've certainly not seen an issue like this. My guess is that the apps are being incorrectly installed onto a cache which is eventually overwritten. Someone more technical might be able to explain how that could occur.

10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm curious...

With so many tablets in your 'garage', which do you find yourself most consistently carrying with you? -And why?

sonichedgehog360 likes this.