The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rad777

Rad777 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the post! Most folks cannot get the Verizon M.2 card to work on non-Verizon.
    • Can you confirm what GSM/LTE M.2 card you have installed? (Device Manager-network)
    • Can you confirm what specific Driver is being used? (^^ right click Driver Details)

2. Rad777

Rad777 Pen Pal - Newbie

-1/24/17 - Just wanted to update everyone and to say thank you for those that posted to the HP forum, the issue has been escalated to a Case Manager from HP. The HP Case Manager called me at home to go over the issue, and what they were going to do to resolve it. According to the Engineering team, they'd work toward getting a BIOS update for this laptop to allow for USB Type C charging with Third Party chargers. Additionally, while older laptops are not physically capable of using third party chargers, this laptop was.

For what it is worth, her name was Cindy, and she provided me her direct contact information to acquire updates on resolution. I have a reminder in my calendar to call for an update in 30 days. Also, not sure if priority of the request would be impacted by additional HP Forum posts, but couldn't hurt to try?

HJK likes this.
  3. hootenanny

hootenanny Pen Pal - Newbie

I posted about this a while back. I was one of the people who couldn't get my x2 working on non-Verizon, with the LTE card crashing when connecting. I discovered that it was somehow location (presumably cell tower) dependent. When taking my x2 with me while traveling, not having changed any settings whatsoever, I was astonished when it just suddenly connected to cellular. When I got home, it stopped working again, with the old crash on connection.

Wow, that's great news, thanks so much for leading the charge on this one! Keep us up to date, I would be ecstatic if the DRM power charger issue was finally removed in a new BIOS version.

4. clabern

clabern Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the HP lt4114 LTE 4G card.
    Driver is generic MS 10.0.14393.0 dated 07/15/2016.

Here's shots of the Properties under Settings - Network - Cellular and the Properties from Device Manager.
    http://imgur.com/a/Gp4GG

5. Ben Coleman

Ben Coleman Pen Pal - Newbie

No. No solution yet.

6. Ben Coleman

Ben Coleman Pen Pal - Newbie

My Bamboo stylus works fine when I test it before a meeting, but when I get to the meeting it suddenly doesn't work! This has happened repeatedly. Works fine for the test, then doesn't work when I arrive. It's very frustrating. Has anyone had problems with the stylus working and then suddenly not working?

7. xm41907

xm41907 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you give a list of everything you disabled? How did you "gut" out the entire operating system?

8. xm41907

xm41907 Pen Pal - Newbie

I gave this a try shortly after getting my X2. I can say that before I applied it, Krita did not detect pressure. After I did, Krita does detect pressure. I can't speak for any other program, but it seems to make a difference with Krita.

9. Marezathus

Marezathus Pen Pal - Newbie

I added my name as well. I bought the X2 for its volume. But now it turns out that I end up with much more weight and volume than an average laptop, due to cords, heavy loader and all kinds of extra (very expensive) things in order to connect to an USB stick or a monitor. With a powerbank I would be more mobile.

HJK likes this.
  10. PSSnyder

PSSnyder Pen Pal - Newbie

I am researching Spectre X2 for someone and noticed two X2 comments - I have an SP4.and the issue of running hot after going to sleep or shutdown for me is usually tied to the Win 10 system sync services that sync to OneDrive. As for keyboard issues, I also often require a restart after connecting / reconnecting keyboard and/or display as Win 10 gets "confused". Even with the issues I really think the future is hybrid tablets with docks for office use.