The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. codeworks

codeworks Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, sorry I am letting you guys down :) I am able to paste the USB info; however, I wont be able to do a transfer test probably until Monday... Halloween weekend with kids.... Busier than normal... Hope this helps for now.

upload_2015-10-31_8-24-16.png

2. codeworks

codeworks Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick update on the Verizon connection... Supposedly even the model I have was not supposed to be released until next week and therefore, HP did not load the codes in to the VZW database. I guess that's why every time I tried to activate, it said this was not a valid device. I did have an HP rep and a VZW rep on the phone at the same time and they are working on getting the codes loaded. The HP rep did not seem very happy that some models were shipping already.

3. TerryGecko

TerryGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

This is actually pretty helpful to me. I didn't think we were getting 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3. But I can make 3.0 work as my Surface Pro 4 is 3.0.

Thank you for posting this, any more info on it would be appreciated when you get time.

Now the only thing left for me is the pen.

4. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yup. Waiting on that pen to see if this will replace my Cube i7. Tho who knows. I may keep both!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5. e4dorla

e4dorla Pen Pal - Newbie

It looks like we're finally getting a true replacement to the tc1100! :)

6. wsh2293

wsh2293 Pen Pal - Newbie

Long time lurker. Just wanted to pass along that I received the pen, but not the actual tablet. I ordered an m7 model on Oct 23, but no shipping info yet. Anyway the pen HP shipped is HP Active Stylus J4R51AA#ABL. I believe this pen uses Synaptics as it's compatible with the ENVY x2 13. Getting a Synaptic pen is really disappointing as HP lists Wacom Active on the Spectre x2 product page. I spoke to two different reps and they assured me that this pen is the correct pen for the tablet.

I'm hoping there's just confusion over at HP and I can just order a pen from Wacom directly, but those guys weren't very helpful either.

7. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't believe this has shipped in the USA, not even able to order in the UK.

8. TerryGecko

TerryGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

I absolutely knew that was going to happen. If you click on "Recommended Accessories", and then "Styli", it shows the Synaptics one. They are even similar looking but not exact.

This is extremely disappointing. The pen is such an important accessory to me.

I wonder if I should just buy every Wacom AES pen out there and try them. I think the Toshiba Excite Write Windows tablets use that tech.

EDIT:
    Does anyone know of any stylus' on amazon/ebay that I can buy right now and try with the Spectre when it comes out?

9. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Sure did

10. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Must have ordered the wrong pen, which sucks. I think they used to have synaptic based devices. I ordered pen also and have yet to receive it, but on their own product page and specs the tablet is listed as having Wacom.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk