The HP Spectre x2 12 (2015) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sonichedgehog360, Oct 7, 2015.

1. mindseye

mindseye Pen Pal - Newbie

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@mindseye So simple! Thanks.

@raduque I've no doubt it serves some function. I just don't care for the aesthetic.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

These findings are purely subjective, as I haven't figured out a way to measure hover distance accurately.

From worst (~1 mm) to best (~5 mm): Dell, Toshiba TruPen (Encore 2 Write), Lenovo Thinkpad Active Stylus, Toshiba TruPen (dynaPad), HP Active Pen.

Interestingly, you can't just switch between pens. Once a pen is recognized by the tablet, you need to restart in order to use another pen.

4. BeeCee

BeeCee Pen Pal - Newbie

There seems to be quite a lot of accessories for the Elite. Obs HP getting some input from it's corporate customers. Most are listed on mainland EU and Oz sites (mainly out of stock - as they are so new)
    But these things don't appear on the HP US or other sites ???

I have the cover on order - I will let you know - but I have been waiting a month !!
    I would suspect that most things are in the same place Spectre-Elite - if only to make the manufacturing simpler for that big lump of aluminium :)

5. BeeCee

BeeCee Pen Pal - Newbie

6. BeeCee

BeeCee Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI - in case you have the same and not noticed

I have a problem with ac Wifi. On a web based speed test I normally I get 75Mbs which is about my ADSL speed
    But over time this drops to 20Mbs and even down to almost zero
    Disconnecting x2 WiFi and reconnecting brings it back to full speed

It maybe my router. But it is a simple fix (when I notice)

7. jbuch84

jbuch84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered the T5E12AA#ABL directly from Best Buy and mine doesn't have the power button on the top either. It's strange that the product pages on HP and Best Buy both show it having this.

8. thoots

thoots Pen Pal - Newbie

Folks,

My first post on this forum and in this thread, but here goes:

I bought the m7/8GB/256GB version from Best Buy, ordered online. Things are going pretty well -- I've seen a few video glitches, but nothing that lasted more than a second or so. Otherwise, all has been well.

I would really like to get a second power adapter, but I sure can't find any such thing anywhere -- has anyone found a link to buy the official HP adapter anywhere?

Or, has anyone found ANYTHING that'll actually work? I don't recall reading anyone actually reporting such a thing.

Finally, I went ahead and got a Verizon 4G LTE plan, even though I don't otherwise have Verizon service. The speed isn't all that great, though -- I can't quite get 4 Mbps (via speedtest.net) in my house, though I've gotten a bit over 14 Mbps in other neighborhoods. I have no idea regarding how fast 4G LTE should even be -- does anyone have any perspective regarding what kinds of speeds we should be seeing? All I know is that I finally checked with my phone (AT&T 4G LTE service), and about the best I've found after a few attempts is about 10 Mbps. So, I'm guessing that 14 Mbps is actually OK. But, again, if someone can provide some perspective, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks for any info you can send my way regarding these things!

thoots

9. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe the product pages have the wrong photo. The pen in the photo looks like the one that comes with the Elite x2 1012. The button is used to perform an action like opening a new note in OneNote but I believe it can be changed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  10. thoots

thoots Pen Pal - Newbie

Update on my post, above:

I finally found the AC adapter on HP's web site. Part of the problem was that Firefox, the browser I use most of the time, just wouldn't work properly with some of HP's web pages. Once I switched to another browser, I was able to access everything, and I found the thing. So, nevermind about that bit.... ;-)