The Galaxy Note as Windows Companion

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Bronsky, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Tried EzPDF and I rate it only okay. It will suffice if I can't find anything better. Any other suggestions to try?

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I find the UI to be overly busy, a clutter. What I liked about the new Acrobat is that it adheres to Material Design.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. Bronsky

Is there a way to eliminate the top bar in comment mode. It cuts off my PDF. You can only note in comment mode ... right? Is there a full screen comment mode?

I'm giving acrobat another look since I use Pro XI on my S3.

4. Kumabjorn

Like in Read mode? No it seems they've missed that. I'm sure a friendly reminder through feedback will rectify it. Seems like a simple code miss to me. I see no reason why it would stay there like that since it didn't fill any function.

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

5. Bronsky

XODO looks like it might be my PDF Annotator of choice. As much as I like Adobe DC Reader, it has an inking bar that cuts off the top of my PDF, which is the date field of the time sheet. ALthough XODO has a similar bar, there is an alternative inking switch that will permit the date field to be filled in so that the rest of the form can be filled in with the bar active. The GN5 display is just large enough in landscape to fill in the form. I think I can keep my time on this. XODO also coordinates with dropbox, so I can save the timesheet on drop box and my bookeeper can just access them there.

To be sure, none of the Android PDF annotators have been even half as sophisticated as Drawboard or any of the Windows annotators. Still, I can do on a 5.7" phone, what I was doing on my 8" tablet.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

Bronsky: Is your outlook using a microsoft address? I use my live.com address and seem to be sync'd nicely between my SP3, MBP, & GN5. Dunno if there's something specific about the MS addresses that allows better sync'ing in Outlook.

7. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

hmm, so it sounds like a wonky pen. I'll see what I can do when I go to my mother this summer.

I'm not sure where my mother bought it, I think it was in Spain (she winters in Spain, lives in Hungary)

8. Kumabjorn

Samsung ought to have a presence in Budapest at least.

Balbutio ergo sum

9. Bronsky

The Note 5 flew solo today in a meeting. Left the Surface 3 in its dock and was fine with the Note 5 and OneNote. Anybody know a way to toggle the screen to "always on" temporarily while taking notes and back, without having to go change the settings?

10. Kumabjorn

Don't know about the 5 but for earlier models there was a widget you could get from Play Store.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.