The "Free Skin"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Slidje, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nove

Nove Pen Pal - Newbie

As most of us know, the HP 'Skinit' website is giving away a skin for each HP user (with a serial number) for free.

What I'd like to know is..

1. Whether a tx2000 serial number works with the tx1000 in the 'Choose device' box
    AND
    2. If the skin can be shipped overseas (IE: Australia!)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. Corazu

Corazu Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe it can be shipped overseas.

As for the serial number, just enter CNF7_ _ _ _YS, for the blanks any random numbers will do.

It'll give you a pincode then you can go and get a skin. It'll only work for select models, so you'll have to get the TX1000 skin. (It used to be all models but it's been limited now).

I did this for one with the DV6500 for my Compaq Presario and got a TX1000 one as well for if I get tx2000 (offer won't be available forever)

3. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

it's just a sticker the size of the case right ?

a bit confused why people go wild other then that it's a freebie :)

4. jason12

jason12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Need more than one? - Delete "hp.skinit" cookies and do it again.

5. key

key owner of the internet

It is delivered overseas - still for free. I had the first on shipped to Poland and it came in nine days.

6. jason12

jason12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you guys know if the original sirface look OK after the skin is peeled off of it? Just worried that the adhesive might ruin the original finish.

7. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

How did people hear about this offer? How do you make use of it? - I found the website via Google (http://hp.skinit.com) but is there a specific page to generate the discount code?

8. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

9. tan880121

tan880121 Pen Pal - Newbie

It can be shipped overseas FOC. i'm in malaysia. Also you may try this method to get 2 free skins. I experienced it before. Not sure whether it's the problem with database or what else.

1st. I entered the serial number without register a free account at skinit.com and placed my ordered.
    2nd. I register a free account and register the serial number under my login session. Then i customised a skin and placed the order.

Then around 10days like that I received 2 packages. It's FOC. After that I'm happy and want to try the serial for one more time. But it says it's ad register. Yet, I got 2 free quality skins from skinit.com FOC.

10. ARSkemp

ARSkemp Pen Pal - Newbie

using the serial number corazu said (just adding in #'s for spaces), you can get as many as you want. Just put in the model #, get the pin number, then delete temporaryfiles/cookies from your web browser, and hit refresh. You'll then get a new pin number and the process continues till you have as many as you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.