The End is Near

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Jun 25, 2020.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

dellaster likes this.
  2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Wait are you in the market for the Neo when it comes out?

I like the idea but the ipad has been really good. I only wish it had a kickstand.

3. dstrauss

Trying to keep an open mind, but I think Apple is the likely future...:eek::eek::eek:

The concept of Neo is very intriguing, but there are some even bigger compromises - can't close it with keyboard magnetically attached, pen and keyboard are "stored" on the outside of the device, o the "svelte" design clogs up quickly.

4. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

My next purchase will most likely be the ipad mini 6.

Currently working with iPad Air (latest gen, got it for myself with 256 storage at costco during christmas for ~529).

Been a real champ for office, using my trading software (think or swim) and honestly the inking is just fine,

dellaster and dstrauss like this.
  5. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Loved my mini 4, adore my mini 5 even more, so when the mini 6 comes next March (?) I think I know what I’ll do. 8.5” in the same form factor as the current 7.9”? Take my money!

dstrauss and JoeS like this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The Mini 5 has become my most used device. I just pray for the next mini they use the Apple Pencil V2. As much as it was the pencil support that made the Mini 5 an instant purchase for me, the way the battery drains from when the pencil physically moves leaves me with a dead pencil everytime I want to draw with it. Pencil 2 would solve this problem.

wytn likes this.
  7. dstrauss

Had to come rant among my friends, because every time I take a liking to Apple, fanboys piss me off with headlines like:

"iPhone 12 to come in 'exquisite' thinner box without charger, says leaker" and

"We don't need chargers in our iPhone boxes anymore - Why give more chargers to people who don't need them?

WTF - sycophants DEFENDING Apple's decision to ditch chargers - the world's most valuable company doesn't need any help or support to press forward with their accumulation of cash...yet the sycophants want me to feel bad because I insist that they GIVE me a charger - they didn't GIVE me anything - they f'n charged me $1000 for that hunk of glass and metal, and now they are pulling the charger and I should just be happy they aren't INCREASING prices!

Sorry, but I wrote some nasty comments over at iMore and this may be the only place left where I don't get banned.

8. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Indeed, the see-no-evil Apple fanbois make reading any related forum tough to stomach at times. No question. :mad:

I like to remind myself that they’re annoying but mostly harmless. Unlike the Linux hardcore forum goofballs back in the day (for me, that’s 2000-2005 when I tried Linux a couple times) who would give solutions to newbie problems that would surely bork or delete one’s installation (yes, they got me once). And none of the other forum members, nor moderators, would ever call them on it. :mad::mad:

So buck up, Dale, it could be worse! :p

JoeS and dstrauss like this.
  9. dstrauss

Ahhh, ever the voice of reason - thanks Ted...

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I'm in a Discord server where we have a Intel free Apple fan, as in never touch & never will touch an Intel Mac, because that's just an overpriced Windows PC & not a real Mac. lol I wonder if we will see a Never ARM fanboy.

BTW Boi has as specific meaning, which came from the black butch women's community so it's always weird to see that spelling for fanboys.