The cursor on my HP 2760P tablet PC jerks around when I use my stylus after it wakes up from sleep.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jocastus, Mar 5, 2015.

1. jocastus

jocastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Pretty much like the subject line says. I have a 2760P that works well generally, but the cursor or hot point for the stylus rapidly jerks around an area of just a few pixels whenever the laptop is awakened from sleep mode. At least, this seems to be what causes it to happen.

The twitchy/jerky cursor does not affect the touch pad, only the stylus. It makes it impossible to draw with because it causes dozens of rapid clicks resulting in dense zigzags.

My work-around is to log out and log back in--I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. This restores the stylus to perfect functionality, so I know it's a software and not a hardware issue.

What could be causing this? Is there a certain driver I should be using? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. GreenStorm

GreenStorm Pen Pal - Newbie

I know this is kindof a shot into the blue - but I over time noticed many seemingly random issues to occur - which were related to my tablet-specific user behaviour (like hibernation to break when I had my energy profile on power saver while auto-hiding my taskbar with the "no-animation" setting checked; or having the explorer freezing when changing anything to the display settings (which happens a lot while rotating displays and connecting to docks) when having over 200 (? a lot, but not mattering to me since not shown) icons on the desktop)...

So - what I wanted to say: Did you change any Windows settings recently (and may it be the oddest and not-relatest thing)?

3. meddy

meddy Pen Pal - Newbie

ah my 2710p dose this sometimes tho now it mostly just randomly rotation locked . and yeh most of the time it fixed with a logout or a switch user and log on same account (weird but annoying)