The Courier appears to be real

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by DRTigerlilly, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Deepnote

Deepnote Pen Pal - Newbie

The form-factor seems about the right size, but the change in OS is unfortunate. TabletPCs are far more versatile. I love the fact I can code, sketch, write, and run all of the games and applications that are designed for desktops on my tablet.

3. anthony

anthony Pen Pal - Newbie

Was this ever running a full version of Windows? I thought courier was always a sort of closed-interface concept. I suppose the upside is battery life and hard-coded performance, ala a portable gaming system. I like the look of the paint slide (the last image in their gallery). It shows a realistic color mixer ala Painter, a number of types and shapes of brushes...I don't see them being used in any of the sample designs, but if it's pressure sensitive then I'm liking it.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

The Change in OS is essential i think, the device needs to behave more like an appliance and less like a typical PC box.

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agreed she already have tablet PCs anyway. Plus the nice about this is that unlike the iPhone/iPad/iPod porting apps over to Windows will be easy as Courier is .NET and Silverlight based. I imagine you'll see a ton of Tablet PC/ Windows Phone 7/Courier apps that are cross platform.

Microsoft HAS returned!

6. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm most disappointed they downsized it. Hopefully, they'll have different size options. I can dream, right? Not sure how I would be affected by the scaled-down o/s. Otherwise, it looks really promising. It seems like they may actually pay attention to us artist-types. Hopefully, they do, in fact, release it.

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I think it's perfect size. Small enough that I can have it with me all the time without feeling dragged down in my bag. Small enough that I would carry it and my Tablet PC in the same bag!

8. kruzilla

Well, I tend to draw large. My comics are generally drawn on the standard 11" X 17". I'm hoping they'll put out something akin to a 14" screen. Fold that in half like the Courier and I think it'd be perfect:)

9. kruzilla

Some day I'll just pony up for a Cintiq, I guess. When I have the moolah, that is.

10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, this is not for serious drawing. It's more for jotting your ideas down and mark ups.

BTW, I just sold my old Cintiq. Ready to buy the new 21UX! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.