The cheapest Wacom AES convertible/detachable

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by benny10033, Aug 5, 2017.

1. benny10033

benny10033 Pen Pal - Newbie

General Questions.

1. What is your budget?

As low as possible, around $500

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?

No

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?

Only Windows convertible/detachable. (Hard keyboard only, it will be very hard to work on the go with a typecover)

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

Any

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?

US

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?

No HP

7. How many hours battery life do you require?

At least 9 hours, the more the better. This is one of the major factors for this purchase.

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)

Notetaking, scripting, heavy browsing, light gaming(eg:OSU), email, office, nothing fancy

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?

Windows

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)

Microsoft office, one note, chrome, firefox, brackets.io

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.

OSU, html5 games, flash games.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?

No

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution?

It will be good if the screen is at least FHD

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance

Sometimes, not very important

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom EMR, AES or N-trig?
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance

Only Wacom AES or there is pen in box with the device.

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?

4GB ram, but not very important.

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?

Not very important, but can use at least 1 full USB and some kind of HDMI output(micro/mini ok)

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?

It will be the best if the computer can be charged with Omnicharge 20.

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?

None

Priority list:
    1. Wacom AES + Very strong battery + hard keyboard
    2. Cheap
    3. Everything else

This main purpose of this device is working on the go. Let say I have a stellar machine at home, why do I need another one?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. benny10033

Update:

After going through the list of tablets (it's extremely useful), I end up focusing on Flex 5 14". What's your take on it?

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

You can get a pretty nice Yoga 720 13 4GB RAM 128GB SSD open-box for $580 with free shipping from BestBuy.com

Slightly more expensive but a much nicer device. Those $80 get you a Core i5 instead of i3, FHD instead of HD, and a 128GB SSD instead of a 1TB HDD.

Mooni_nooni likes this.
  4. benny10033

Thank you very much, will look into that.

5. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

OMGnobody told me I can get an open boxlenovo yoga 720 at that price!!
    (Is its safe to buy if no returns? Due to my location.Just double checking)

6. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

After a Lil research I can hardly decide what's better. A flex has more open ports ,and SD reader ,hdmi and i5-7500U -quality build
    A yoga720 has i-7200U has no SD reader, less ports and has USB c thunderbolt premium build.lighter weight

This is actually really hard to decide on.

7. benny10033

If performance is not a problem, I have just found that I can get a Miix 320 for even less. (sub 300)

Its really slow, but it has Wacom AES, from my research. How do others think about it?

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Flex 5 with te i5 7500U sells for $800 and up, you can't compare it to the dinky $500 model that doesn't even have a FHD display.

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

If you're going to get a device with an Atom processor that's barely suitable as a sketchpad, you might as well look at Android devices like the Huawei MediaPad M2 ($280 new) or the Samsung Chromebook Plus / Pro ($420-$500 new)

10. benny10033

This. May be going for yoga 720.