The Best Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Nancy_Brown, Dec 9, 2014.

?

What screen protector brand do you regard as the best (if you had to pick one)?

1. Photodon

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. 3M Vikuiti

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. NuSheild

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Strong Engineering (BStrong)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clarivue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. WriteSHIELD

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  7. TrueVue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other...

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

guys, would you be able to give a detailed reciew for the difference between the MXG and MXT? I heard they are basically the same as far as surface texture and drag but what about image wise?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...would you be able to give a detailed reciew for the difference between the MXG and MXT...>>

...I don't recommend MXG. In my comparison tests I observed that the matte finish is so heavy that it causes (to my eye) obvious degradation of the image quality.

I can't remember if I saw anything really objectionable with MXT. MXG made such an adverse impression on me that if I'd seen something similar with MXT, I think I would remember it. I still have the sample patches at home... somewhere. If I can find them, I'll take a quick look and then update this posting...

Also, see comments in Post #32 of this discussion thread...

siddhartth likes this.
  3. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Steve. In reality what Im really after is the one that resembles as closely as possible a techarmor screen protector. I found that the perfect compromise between feel and clarity but I need a custom size, thats why photodon. MXH and MXF do not have as much texture and drag as Id like.

Think I might go with MXT then..but yeah if you find them tell me about their surface too.

4. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought a core m Surface Pro 4, without the keyboard cover. I couldn't afford it.
    but now my screen is naked and unprotected. Any body else who bought a Surface Pro 4 with out type cover? If yes, then how are you protecting the display from scratches? Tempered glass or plastic?

Are there any guys who recommend a screen protector even if one buys a type cover or flipcover?

How easily does tempered glass scratches? Are you satisfied with how the screen looks and pen feels on a tempered glass? I have to write a lot and read a lot too. So, how the pen feels is important. I m a fast writer. Pen on glass vs pen on plastic protectors, any comparisons ?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

This is my preferred screen protector. It has never let me down so far... best of all it is free and requires no installation.

[​IMG]

6. siddhartth

You probably have a keyboard cover already.

7. Mesosphere

I do, but every time I've bought a screen protector I've regretted it(with the exception of the AVN8 because they had some strange material and seemingly no oil phobic coating on the screen). Despite almost never using a screen protector, I've never damaged a screen to the extent that I could notice anything at all in use. I've had minor marks that I can noticed with the screen off and holding it at just the right angle to the light, but never anything that I could see with the screen in use. It varies by person though. I'm not very accident prone and have good habits with respect to how I handle my devices. I've known others that require rubberized cases and other measures to prevent from destroying their device on the first day of use.

I am forgetful though. I've sent two Surface pens through the laundry... (they didn't survive it)

8. siddhartth

With a keyboard cover it's a different thing. Even i amusing my Galaxy note 3 neo without the screen protector because i have an Sview cover, so only thing touching the screen is - my hands and the stylus. So your case is similar to that since you have a keyboard type cover.

On the other hand, My surface pro 4 is just a naked tablet. I have to travel and take it in a bag that is usually full of many other things (as bags are supposed to be). I have to use Public transport almost every second day and by that i meant crowded public transport in India. Even your Surface will not survive a year before getting scratched.

9. Mesosphere

That is fine. No judgement. I was just joking around =)

However, that is one of the habbits I'm talking about. I never put my devices in bags with many other things unless it has its own pouch. I don't use a cover or any kind of protector on my phone, but it never gets thrown in a bag or pocket unless it is in its own space.

10. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Tempered glass is preferable and I always recommend them--I don't like battle scars. The Tech Armor screen protector is the only brand that makes Surface Pro 4 glass screen protectors that does not hamper touch sensitivity (all others do--I've tried and returned) and it also comes with a truly hassle-free lifetime warranty from a company with representatives who understand English well (the other brands on Amazon were especially hard to communicate with, even for Chinese manufacturers).

I am a big proponent of screen protectors as I have actually run into situations where a glass screen protector has saved a device (not my Surfaces, fortunately) from a scratch or scuff. The tempered glass is the only way to go if you are using the pen. It is effectively indiscernible from the actual display glass when writing. Plastic screen protectors add drag and can get scuffs and scratches much more easily. Also, the glass screen protectors retain the clarity and brilliance of the display that plastic screen protectors often obscure.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    siddhartth likes this.