The answer to our prayers - The ExpressKey Remote

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by T-ravisty, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It won't I fear.
    You will most probably need to install the drivers from Wacom and then load a backup done elsewhere.

If you want, when it arrives send me a pm if it doesn't work.
    I will pass you my Wacom prefs backup and we can see if it's doable.

2. sartonnis

sartonnis Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, the remote came in today. Placed the order about a day and a half ago and it shipped super fast.

I have good news and bad news.

The good new is, after installing the latest cintiq/intuos driver, the remote was immediately detected! No need for a preexisting modern Wacom tablet to set it up beforehand. The remote's quick and responsive, and all the keys I've set so far have worked without a hitch--except for the zoom function on the touch wheel, oddly.

[​IMG]

The bad news is, because of what I believe to be driver conflicts between the tabletpc drivers and Wacom's mainline drivers, the pen randomly stops functioning now. So far the only way I've been able to fix it is with a complete restart. Fortunately, restarting only takes a few seconds thanks to the wonders of SSDs, but it's still a hassle and a serious issue.

If I could figure out how to stop my pen input from randomly dying, this would be a great accessory. Any ideas?

The pen I'm using is a UP-911E, by the way. I'm sure that doesn't matter too much, but you never know.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    WillAdams likes this.
  3. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

What about uing this with a Wacom AES device like a Lenovo Yoga. They have Wacom drivers but I think they are a lite version. I don't have another Wacom device to make a config with.

4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I'd like to know that myself --- I'm back to thinking that I want one of these...

5. AvalonX

I did get mine and it works fine with the Lenovo Yoga except I am having a weird issue with the auto zoom/scroll not working in Photoshop. Works fine otherwise. I loaded it on my PC with a Bosto tablet and I lost pressure in some applications. So stupid you need the full Wacom driver loaded to make the remote work. I am still playing with some settings to get pressure back with some success.

Edit: Had to turn the zoom on mouse scroll on in PS settings.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    WillAdams likes this.
  6. Bloom

Bloom Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work with an off brand pen display, like Yiunova, UC Logic, Monoprice, etc?

7. AvalonX

I got it to work with my bosto 22U from http://bosto.us/

I lost pressure once I installed the Wacom drivers but reloaded the Bosto drivers and have them running together. Works great. Admin is a good dude but you need to use the contact form for questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.