Thank you Thank you for a dedicated OneNote forum

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by angelcitysoul, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I really believe OneNote in and of itself will help invigorate tablet sales. Until I received a Toshiba 3500 hand-me-down, I considered a tablet a curiosity but of no practical value. In fact, my son did not even use the tablet features of the 3500 - he replaced the 3500 with a high-end Gateway 17-in notebook (I hope he does not get a hernia carrying it around). I downloaded the trial version of OneNote and I was hooked! The 3500 needed a new digitizer and fortunately it had 3 months to go on the warranty. So for $50 shipping, I had a "new" 3500. I was so hooked on OneNote and writing on the tablet, that I purchased an Acer C314 to be my primary PC. In fact, my Acer 8006 laptop is now on Ebay. OneNote is my primary interface. Just about everything goes "through" OneNote. This may be the single "best" application that Microsoft has ever done - at least for me!

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. jerryrock

jerryrock Pen Pal - Newbie

I know nothing about OneNote; what is it and why is it so revolutionary?

4. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

OneNote (as it's name implies) is the best note-taking software on the market. It empowers the Tablet PC user with a remarkable load of features and flexibility to integrate the Tablet PC with other apps.

Check out the official demo here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/onenote/prodinfo/tour/default.mspx

5. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

Be sure to download the trial OneNote (I think it is good for 60 days). That is what got me hooked! It is a great organizer in its own right even if you cannot write on it (like you have a laptop instead of a tablet). I am losing my shirt selling an Acer 8006 powerhouse laptop to finance my new Acer C314 just so I can hand write notes in OneNote. Anyone who has more than one note of information they would like to save, needs OneNote! If you have only one note on information to save, you can simply use a ball-point pen and write it in the palm of hour hand.

6. Ria

Ria Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, if you follow the correct links, and download the onenote "student trial", it lasts for an entire semester!, so approximately what, 4 or 5 months?
    Ria
    I'll see if I can find it again to post a link...

7. student54

student54 Pen Pal - Newbie

has anyone had any problem with the ink "spiking" as you write in onenote?
    i'm using a m700, happens at least once or twice a lecture.
    by spiking i mean a spike in a particular letter that you write, usually running north-south on the screen if you look at it in laptop mode. its like the tablet picks up a pen an inch away from where i'm writing, then immediately riverts back to the actual pen position. then it effectively "joins the dots" between these three points. i've disabled the touchscreen but it still happens.

8. suzantn

suzantn Pen Pal - Newbie

I love onenote and also synced it with the other smartphone I had. I now have a new smartphone and am having trouble with syncing it. It is a Motorola Q 9h (which is the same phone as I had before) but this time I can't get it to sync. I have downloaded onenote to it but when I plug it into my PC to sync, I get an error associated with onenote. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try to get it to sync? I really miss having onenote on my phone.

Thanks,
    Suzanne

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

you might want to post in the gotta be mobile onenote forums, there are actual onenote developers/ team members there, they might be able to help you troubleshoot better.

10. angelcitysoul

angelcitysoul Pen Pal - Newbie

OneNote has certainly ascended to the top of all P.C. note taking software. I have recently begun using OneNote, and have already shared notes with far away friends.