Tf810c Touch screen wont work

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Raztamoket, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Raztamoket

Raztamoket Pen Pal - Newbie

HELP

So i was finally able to update to the latest drivers via live update. on the next restart the touch screen went all wonky, swipe for charms wont work, can select anything with touch and pen - did a refresh, still the same issue

Running out of ideas

Help plz

2. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Try deleting the calibration data (if any) for the screen. Do this by searching for Tablet PC Settings and you'll find 'Reset' under the display tab. If it's greyed out, there is no data to reset, and it's not that causing the issue.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. Raztamoket

yea thought about that but it is greyed out

4. Breed

Try calibrating instead then? Also, paste the contents of C:\Windows\Logs\ASUSDriverInstall.log, we'll see if anything went wrong.

5. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Have yoi registered the screen for touch input of ha d and then pen? I know its not much to go on, but its something you should do before callibration.

6. Raztamoket

Ok so I have done a full reset back to factory settings but the problem is still here

It seems that the tablet is detecting two inputs on the screen at all times (can seem the round touch feedback on 2 spots of the screen) and they stay there at all times. Could it be that the tablet just decided to stop working?

7. Raztamoket

WP_20130225_005.jpg

See image for the 2 permanent touch input

8. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like a hardware problem to me. Every once in a while I get a persistent touch toward the top left of my screen. This was before the new Asus drivers, so we'll see if it comes back. My perception was that it was a result of carrying the tablet around with me, and physically mashing the keyboard in screen together, but this is just speculation. These things are hard to diagnose. It was always fixed with a restart.

If those two points aren't fixed with a restart for you, I'm pretty certain it's a hardware issue.

9. Breed

Raztamoket, try doing a hard reset on the tablet by putting a paperclip in the hole near the power button. I turned my VivoTab on when I got home this evening and the touchscreen would not work at all. Looked in the device manager and had a DEVICE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on an I2C HIS Device (I assume it was the touchscreen). I tired disabling and re-enabling, restarting - nothing worked. I tried the hard reset and low and behold my touchscreen started working again. I think using the paperclip button is the only way to reset power on the motherboard. A soft reset doesn't do it.

Anyway - its worth a try!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. Raztamoket

Damn i should have tried that - was too frustrated with it and dropped it off at the Asus service centre in Sydney, the tech guy took 3 secs and said they will have to replace the panel, and the 810c being a newish model ill probably have to wait the full 10 working days....oh well