TF810C Hosed By Windows 10 Upgrade and Rollback

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ginakra, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

Stupidly, I upgraded my TF810C to Windows 10 over a week ago. I lost sound and mic with the upgrade and I couldn't seem to fix it, so I rolled back to Windows 8.1 (UGH!). However, now my tablet just won't work at all. It boots and shows the icons, but touching the screen does nothing, the pen does nothing. I put a usb mouse into it to see if that would work (using the adapter) but all I get is a spinning blue circle. I cannot reach it through the network. It's like it's not done booting or something, but it's been on for three days and I still get the blue spinner when I touch the pen to the tablet. I do not have a keyboard for it. :( Is there anything I can do to restore to an earlier restore point, or even to reset to factory? Thank you. I'm so bummed, would appreciate any help.

2. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

I realise this reply is super late, but here I go anyway. Download a windows 8.1 iso and create a USB. Download the driver pack from Asus' site, and stick it somewhere on C:\ so it won't get deleted. Do a full reset and fresh installation. If it wants to reformat, don't.
    When the installation is done, you won't have pen or touch drivers. Use your USB mouse to install the drivers you left on C:\.

3. pfontaine2

pfontaine2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Eeeesh...I'm encountering the same problems as ginakra after rolling back to Windows 8.1. Sadly my USB is pretty useless. I can use it to charge the unit (barely...I've got to be very careful how the cord is placed in order to make a connection) but using it to connect a thumbdrive with a new windows install isn't really an option anymore. I'm honestly considering going back up to Windows 10...at least it worked. Or perhaps I can restore my tablet to "factory-fresh" condition. I was hoping others had a more definitive answer. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

4. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread. I had surgery and got unwell since I made the post. Still going through it, ugh. I wanted to post what happened for me though. First, AegixNova, thank you so much for your reply. I was so happy to see someone try to help. However, I could not even get anything to respond on the screen, and I didn't have a keyboard. It was like the screen was just dead. So I couldn't even begin to follow any of your directions. I couldn't put anything from a usb on the drive simply because no menus, no icons, nothing worked on screen. So I couldn't even access a usb drive. I didn't know how to boot from a usb, or even if I could, without a keyboard.

I was going to try to go back to factory state but remembered that at one time, Asus told me I could not do that without sending it back to tem, but then I had surgery and just let it set.

When I felt like it, I got it out and just started fiddling with the screen, touching and swiping, and trying to use the pen etc. I inserted a usb keyboard, tried messing with that. Then, somehow, it started working again. I have no clue what finally brought it back.

So I don't know if that will work for you, pfontaine2. My best advice is to call Asus. They were not helpful to me. They didn't even have the 810 l in their database. But my tech may not have been that great.

Post what you do, because I would actually love to have windows 10 on the tablet.

5. pfontaine2

I allowed my tablet to upgrade once again to Windows 10. Once it did, it suddenly seemed much more responsive though the wacom digitizer still didn't work. I tried a solution I found on another forum that suggests uninstalling the Wacom driver from the location C:\Program Files\Tablet\ISD\Setup\Remove.exe.

Once it was removed, and my computer restarted, the pen and touch worked fine...no driver. Strange but it my digitizer now works perfectly. I'm actually reluctant to install the latest Wacom Feel driver for fear of breaking it again!

6. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

That's great news. Do you have sound and mic? That was my problem when I upgraded, I lost those. My pen and touch worked fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. pfontaine2

Hi ginakra,

Both sound and mic are working for me. Even palm rejection seems to be working like a charm. After a couple of days where I thought I had bricked my tablet, it now works very well. Good luck with yours. Googling for a related answer, regardless if it was specifically for my tablet, worked wonders for me.

Pierre

8. anothergo

anothergo Pen Pal - Newbie

Upgrade mine to Windows 10 but have USB connection problems, both connecting to tablet directly and USB ports on keyboard. Device manager would suggested a Windows 10 driver is required but I cant find one. Anyone know of a solution?