TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, that's odd. The HP drivers were the newest, but it looks like they've been taken down from the website and replaced with older ones. Doing some digging now but the Lenovo one's may well be newer...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Seeing the same thing just now when I checked, cold booted and ran metro ie then desktop for a couple of minutes and noticed the back of the device near the camera was warm so I checked task manager and ntoskrnl was taking up 23% CPU.

3. hieu199300

hieu199300 Pen Pal - Newbie

Restart the tablet will fix this problem. I hope asus release new firmware to fix it soon.

4. ahkim

ahkim Pen Pal - Newbie

Breed - thanks for posting this great info. I read through this thread and had a couple questions for anyone:

1. Can I install the intel chipset driver only and not have to install the wifi/Bluetooth/etc? Or does installing a new chipset driver break the other drivers?

2. Is the issue with high CPU utilization caused by installing the new Intel driver?

5. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

No, I have experienced this problem with stock drivers, and I got a solution that works for me. Go to Services and disable ASUSACPI service and restart tablet. You will lose the functionality for some of the hotkeys on the dock, but cpu usage on System and the battery draining will stop.

6. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, isn't the ASUSACPI service needed for power management of the tablet? I don't have the keyboard dock, maybe I can disable it permanently if it is really not necessary.

7. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

You should be fine just installing the Intel Chipset Driver. The HP one is no longer the newest - for some reason it was taken off the Website, so I'll be linking to the Lenovo one when I update the guide tonight. It a slight modification to an xml file that comes with it though, otherwise in only updates the front camera drivers, not the back and flash.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for this information, but could you be a bit more specific and let us know which hotkey functionality on the keyboard one would lose. Also like some asked, doesn't the ASUSACPI handle the power management? Thanks again.

10. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just wonder how companies think treating their customers poorly helps them. I can say Asus will be one of the last companies I consider when it comes to buying my next device and will probably go with Microsoft as they will have no choice but to support their devices due to the high profile they will undoubtedly have. Surface Pro 2 with Haswell anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.