TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know very much not to say almost nothing about benchmark, but this says that the drivers are not really making the TF810C work better than before right?

2. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Drivers from the manufacturer would obviously be better but the newer drivers have noticeable effects on the sound and video playback, at least for me. I guess if there is no noticeable difference in actual operation it doesnt really matter as we have no drivers from Asus.

3. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I've seen that during the day Asus have updated the manuals from 17 languages this morning to 19 this afternoon, so I hope this is a prelude to new driver updating coming soon...

4. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I've just noticed my headphone socket isn't working. Can you guys still use headphones with these drivers?

5. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed it as well. Maybe they are starting to support the Asus VivoTab in the next time.

6. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I have installed all the drivers Breed summarized (and actually, I found the HP chipset and touchpad drivers). I have not had any stability issues since loading the drivers. My TF810C has been rock solid since installing the HP and Lenovo drivers. I have not noticed any slow-down, as benchmarks seem to be showing. The only side-effect I see it a slight increase in CPU % usage while actively using the touchpad. As soon as you stop using the touchpad, CPU usage drops.

I'd rather have a stable tablet than higher synthetic benchmarks, which in real-life usage is probably not even noticeable.

7. Tonitti

Breed (or anyone else), have you tried to install the Intel chipset drivers from Lenovo site? they are from the Thinkpad 2 tablet:

Intel IO Driver
    gehm19ww.exe
    917.27 KB Windows 8 32bit 6.2.9200.12560 21 Dec 2012

They appear to be newer than the HP ones if the date is right.

8. mph55

mph55 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've updated the drivers and my headphones still work.

9. Tonitti

I noticed some weeks ago, and this is important, that the process "system - ntoskrnl.exe" sometimes keeps the CPU AT 25% even when the tablet is sleeping, because I have seen the battery getting drained fast even after some hours of sleep, so keep checking if that process is consuming CPU, because when the process is at 0%, my tablet barely drops a few %s during the whole day.

So I recommend everyone to check regularly the Task Manager for the System process, and close it if it's consuming CPU (it should be at 0% all the times). It happens even after I upgraded to Intel Chipset HP drivers.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  10. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Best way to check is to verify if the individual components on the tablet have newer driver versions. Can't do that myself at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.