TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mph55

mph55 Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe the additional FN keys and notification functionality came from the Asus Live Update. I had issues trying to swap the synaptics drivers earlier and it uninstalled the Asus drivers. So this time I created a restore point and also backed up the syn* folders from DriverStore which I assume are the Asus synaptics drivers. The folders are here for people to try before going the system refresh route. The new drivers seem to be good for me compared to the version I tried off the synaptics site. There are options you can tweak in the mouse properties that may get it behaving the way you want.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks a lot for the drivers, they got the default drivers and toasts working properly for me again.

3. twism8282

twism8282 Pen Pal - Newbie

finally decided to register so I could chime in

thanks for the driver update. The sleep problem was driving me crazy, but with the updates I haven't seen any issues with the tablet. However, one problem I still have is that when the tablet is attached to the dock, I get the sleep issue again where I have to perform a cold boot.

When the tablet is NOT connected to the dock, everything works as it should (quick press to power button or win key brings it out of sleep quickly). I'm guessing I'll have to wait for an official update from Asus since the dock firmware is probably proprietary.

Otherwise I truly like this tablet. Since I remote into more powerful desktop machines at work and at home for cpu heavy task, it's the perfect all day business tablet for me (wish it had 5ghz wifi though)

4. windroid

windroid Pen Pal - Newbie

is anyone else having the problem of the Tablet battery draining before the Dock battery? The Dock *should* charge the Tablet and when the Tablet is at 100% it should use up the Dock to 5% before switching to draining the Tablet.

For me, however, the Tablet drains and leaves the keyboard dock at 100%. I called Asus support and they suggested that I refresh and/or factory reset my device with the Dock connected. I refreshed it and it changed nothing. I am thinking about Factory Resetting it now, but that would be such a hassle and I'm just really hoping there is an easier fix.

5. twism8282

Yes, after I updated drivers to fix the "sleep" issue, I noticed this today. Also, the keys on my dock are randomly sluggish and miss key presses.

I love the hardware, but with so many software glitches I cant believe they released this thing and haven't provided any updates since it launched

6. twism8282

7. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I've found this to have always been the case, even before updating the drivers. It's how the later models of the Android Transformer range work, too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. twism8282

interesting . . . maybe we started off with different drivers???

I got mine from buyspry around Dec 6. I'm positive that my tablet always pulled juice from the dock even when the tablet was in the 70-100% range. Only when I updated the drivers did this change. The change doesn't bother me, though. Makes sense it would be consistent across similar product lines from the same company

9. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine has always charged like Breed states. It acts just like the Android Transformer line of tablets. Right now, I'm sitting at 1% dock battery and 34% tablet. Interesting thing is prior to driver updates, I actually had the dock go to 0%, and the touchpad stopped working. After the update, the dock stays at 1%.

10. wmrwxfrank

wmrwxfrank Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you for your useful imformation.
    and i find you can update the drivers on drivers download too

hope this can help you .
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.