TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting, I have no lag when doing a 2-finger scroll on the start screen. Just to be sure, you did first install the driver using the installer, then goto the device manager and manually update the Synaptics devices under "Mice and other pointing devices" as well as "Human Interface Devices"? Both spots need to be manually updated. Have you tried playing with the touchpad settings in the control panel under "Hardware and Sound" then goto "Synaptics ClickPad"?

2. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem. I'm downloading Corel Painter trial now, and I'll let you know how it works. I'll have 30 days to play with it.

3. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep, installed per instruction and I did play with the touchpad control panel. Scrolling was not laggy just not as smooth as with the default drivers. And on the start screen what happens is I put two fingers on the touchpad and if I move them to the left to scroll the start screen it will respond but the start screen will bounce back as if it hit an obstacle. Now I rolled back the drivers to the default and have lost multitouch gestures completely. Only the mouse cursor works now and there are no Synaptics devices in device manager. Looks like a refresh is the only option.

4. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to hear the HP drivers are not working as good as you would like. I don't see the issues you are seeing. Yes, unfortunately, you will have to do a reset to get the original drivers back :(

5. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed the trial, and it does not appear to support pen pressure like Windows Journal, unless there is something I have to enable in Corel Painter?

6. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There isn't anything I do with Painter to pressure work with it. There is brush window that you can bring up that allows you to set "pressure" for brush width and or opacity for many of the brush types. There is also a brush calibration window you can bring up where you can adjust the pressure for your own natural stroke. But again I don't think you have to do anything to get the program to respond to pressure.

Thank you for going thru such an inconvenience to do these tests...not sure I can do more than express my gratitude.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the feedback. I've put a note regarding this in the guide on the account of how hard they are to rollback. I don't notice any issues myself, but I never used multitouch scrolling with the stock drivers (didn't know it existed!) so can't really compare.

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

The hp drivers works well for me so far, no pen pressure yet but I was expecting that, as wacom drivers were not part of the update (but I really wanted them to make disappear the annoying message of TabletPc Not Found when trying to install the standard wacom drivers).

I have a question, I made a restore point just in case something got screwed up, has anyone tried to rollback using a restore point? If this work it would be quicker and safer to install these drivers and you could post it in your install guide.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  9. -sigge-

-sigge- Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes! I have. It worked perfectly for me. Had some issues, did a full reset, then I installed the programs and apps I wanted, made a restore point, updated using Windows update, had problems with that update so restored via restore point. Worked like a charm. Have now disabled Windows update until Asus gets their act together and release new drivers.

10. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No problem, as Tonitti suggested adding info on creating a system restore point would be useful. The refresh did work in restoring touchpad functionality but for some reason now the Fn keys dont work apart from Fn F9 and I dont get toast notifications when I dock or undock. So I am going to have to do a full reset later on. I only had a few x86 programs installed so not sure why my device reacted so badly to the touchpad drivers. All the other ones seemed to work as they should. The joy of being on the bleeding edge.....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.