TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twism8282

twism8282 Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI. . . Microsoft released updates this Tuesday. The 2795944 update specifically says it "Resolves an issue in which a Windows 8-based device does not wake from sleep when you press the Windows key or the Home button" (I'm crossing my fingers this is similar to the TF810c problem)

I just installed this update along with the others. I'll post again after a couple days once I see how it goes.

Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 cumulative update: February 2013

2. teefs

teefs Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed the updates, and discovered a few hours that my sleep issues still remain. I still have the occasional problem where the home button vibrates, but the screen is off and not responding. Upon rebooting the system displays some message to the effect of "windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

3. twism8282

That's too bad Teefs. For me, I've have some good news and some bad. The Microsoft update seems to fix the sleep issue in my situation, but has introduced a different problem with my battery status. (Note that I've installed all the latest updates where applicable from the other manufacturers and my power settings are set to sleep 10min for battery and 2 hours when plugged in.)

For the last few days I've been using my vivo for work and at home and my device has woken up from sleep correctly using the home button, power button, Bluetooth mouse, and keyboard without any hard shutdown/reboots. This is the first time that has happened since I purchased it back in December. It was nice not having to worry about my work being saved before leaving the vivo unattended.

However, occasionally my battery #1 now shows up as "not present", but the vivotab continues to work even if I pull it from the dock. The only way I can remedy this is to restart. Sometimes it will go into hibernation because it thinks battery #1 is depleted, but this is better than having to completely shutdown and restart since you don't lose your work or app states.

When I have the patience I may try a PC REFRESH, and then install the Microsoft updates and see if that helps, but until then I'm going to work with what I have. Since I'm not a heavy Wacom Pen user that issue hasn't troubled me much and I can at least get my work done.

Hopefully everyone else is having better luck

4. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Had that too but with battery 2, after I installed the latest HP drivers.

5. twism8282

I had the occasional battery #2 "not present "as well, but the Battery #1 not present was never an issue until I installed the Microsoft updates. I think I need to do a PC refresh, but then I think about all the programs, updates and folder configuration and I find an excuse not to. Maybe I'll do it this weekend when I have patience and alcohol

6. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't installed any third party drivers so far, and through the various Windows updates my tablet does seem to be getting gradually more stable. I still have issues; I had both the trackpad sleep issue and a random lockup tonight, but they seem to be getting less frequent.

Still, the sooner Asus start doing some proper driver support the better!

7. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, indeed. I wrote a complaint to them about the lack of support, especially when the ME400C seems to be getting updates. Who knows if I'll get a response though.

8. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it? Do you have a link to any drivers? I was under the impression that the ME400C is the exact same thing, just minus the digitizer and keyboard dock. Any chipset and/or video drivers should be intercompatible as far as I can tell.

9. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Someone in the ME400C thread backed them up:

Download ME400C LiveUpdate DD backup 1-27-2013.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

EDIT: Graphics driver is absolutely NOT compatible.I now just get a black screen when Windows loads. Going to have to do a factory reset. lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  10. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.