TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Having watched the video posted to YouTube I noticed that the finger was used on all the tool panels and setting panels and not the stylus. Is the stylus unable to do tool selection? It seems a bit cumbersome as some of the tools are mighty small and a finger so big in comparison.

2. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I mostly use the finger if the buttons are near the corners of the tablet, due to the know wacom misalignment issue. If the buttons are far from the corners they are easier to click with the pen. In Photoshop I had to use the pen to de-freeze the program, there is a nasty bug that freezes the program until it detects touch, It happens even before the drivers were installed.

3. pleomin

pleomin Pen Pal - Newbie

I had similar behavior when I disabled "press and hold" in the pen and touch settings on the Configuration Panel. When I re-enabled the "press and hold" the issue was gone. If you already have this enabled it obviously would have another cause.

4. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I had no idea the misalignment was that bad. Thank you for the reply.

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh my... you were right, completely right, I have been battling with this for weeks. When I resetted the Vivotab to the default installation, the first thing I probably did was to disable press and hold for sure, and that's the only thing I did not change until now. Now pressure works flawlessly in Sai, in the old Photoshop 4.0 and almost as good in CS6 (some minor occasional blotches at the beginning of a brushstroke). To my surprise Gimp was quite laggy with the brushstrokes...

I'll post a new video maybe tomorrow.

6. holsen

holsen Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for this. Your discovery and sharing saved my 810. This evening I decided to check back on the HP site and indeed the Chipset and Touchpad drivers have been updated again as of last week. I just did those updates as well and my Wacom function is better sill. I find it ridiculous that ASUS only offers RMA as a support option when it's so clear that that thses driver address the units hardware issues. Thank again

7. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

I think we should bug them more, send emails and maybe call support. There was the unpleasant issue of the locked bootloader on the transformer prime and after users complaining about it, Asus came through and unlocked it.

8. Rooster19

Rooster19 Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope they do release drivers by March, no point releasing a 1k device and providing no support whatsoever..

9. marguneri

marguneri Pen Pal - Newbie

This sounds amazing; is there any way you could share the beta drivers with us/me? Thank you in advance

10. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Did this update the video driver? Can you stretch 800x600 to full screen or at least to the borders vertically?

With the default drivers lower resolutions don't scale to fit the screen, like this: http://i.imgur.com/NsCl1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.