TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't understand why we have to wait for manufacturers to get our drivers. All the darn x86 tablets use roughly the same devices. Why can't they just come directly from intel with windows update !?!?

All pc/laptop manufacturers provide crappy support anyway, if it was after any of them I wouldn't be able to run windows 8 when I can just check the component manufacturers webpage and download the latest drivers.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. quam6246

quam6246 Pen Pal - Newbie

So just stick with the drivers already posted (sp60247) in the guide at the beginning and don't use the ones (sp60594) hp has on their website now? I realize it sounds like we don't get any new graphics drivers from the new install, but does it update anything else?

3. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Everything other than the graphics driver updates with the SP60594. So you can install SP60247 (I you haven't already) to get to .1102 on the graphics, then install SP60594 to update everything else further.

4. twism8282

twism8282 Pen Pal - Newbie

just a quick on my sp60594 update experience. I worked all day on the vivotab w/dock and had no new issues. I still get the occasional "battery 2: not present" glitch that requires me to undock/redock and the sleep glitch here and there but these issues were present before the update.

As far as performance, I didn't run any objective test, but all my apps seem to operate at the same level and my battery life is still holding strong

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

News from Wacom! this is an extract of the email I got:

"Hi
    I have a beta driver that I can give to you to use before we finish the testing of the driver. It would be only for you until we release the driver. If you are interested please let me know.
    Best,
    --
    Wacom Sr SQA Test Tech
    www.wacom.com"

When I get the driver I'll tell you if it works, unfortunately I would not be able to share it with you if it works, as the email emphasized, but I'll describe if I can get Photoshop and Sai to work flawlessly. I hope the final drivers get released soon.

EDIT: I just got the drivers a few moments ago, I'm going to try them, wish me luck.

EDIT2: They work! I had to unistall my Bamboo drivers first, then they worked in Sai, In photoshop 4.0 and 5.0 I still get the same error, when I try to make a brushstroke, the program freezes until I touch a button or minimize the program, It didnt happen at first, when I received the tablet, only when I tried to install some other Wacom drivers; before I could do brushstrokes, just no pressure sensitivity, now I can't do brushstrokes, even with the new wacom drivers, (correction, I can do brushstrokes in cs6 but they are very slow and with a bit of lag, I don't understand why, because I had an old netbook with a slower atom CPU and I could do brushstrokes in cs6 faster)

I'll post a video to show you soon.

EDIT 3: And here is the video, you can see that the pressure works very well in Sai, in Photoshop cs6 the pressure works very smoothly too with almost no lag at first; I get some lag later in the video but I think It may be a software problem; maybe with more polished drivers and / or tweaking Photoshop's config I can get it to work smoothly all the time; I recall that Photoshop cs6 works surprisingly fast and with no problems with a single core atom processor in a 2008 Asus netbook, so It should work well here too.

P.D. The canvas resolution in Sai was 5000x3000 pixels and in photoshop around 3333px, so resolution is no problem here.

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/tcFjxGWVJYg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

just a quick question. Is the driver for win 8 tablets in general as all seem to be wihtout this pressure functionality for PS and Painter, etc, or is it specific to Samsung? Thanks

7. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have one question: Is there still an inactive area at the edges of the tablet?

I do not use the tab for drawing pictures therefore it is not a big problem for me if the preasure sensitivity doesn't work in cs6. But maybe you could also makle a short clip using the digitizer in office note.

Thanks/Gracias

8. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, as with all tablet PCs, unfortunately. Maybe running the calibration with like 100+ points will compensate, but I can't test that now.

9. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

The inactive area is for the digitizer pen only and it only aplies to tablets that have a digitizer. Finger works normally. Everything works fine in office, but you's have to close. minimize or use the start bar with your finger.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  10. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think "inactive" is correct. More like "inaccurate."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.