TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow Pen Pal - Newbie

the post is pending mod approval .. put it up last night

2. wishfool2

wishfool2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got TF810 yesterday, its buggy beyond belief - this post is giving me some hope , especially keen on fixing touchpad issue.

Anyway, it looks like the HP touchpad drivers that were linked to in first post have now been removed... shows "HP was unable to find the page you wanted".

I dug around on HP site and and found new synaptics drivers for HP ENVY x2 11-g010nr (US model)
    Released: 2013-01-22, Version: 16.3.9.0.
    Located at: Synaptics TouchPad Driver HP ENVY x2 11-g010nr | HP® Support

Only a couple of days new...has anyone tried these yet??
    I've downloaded file and will test it tomorrow after creating a system restore point.

3. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the update. I've modified the link to the newer drivers. Not tried these ones out. I refreshed my tablet last week and I've not updated the touchpad drivers since. Let us know how it goes!

4. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have my tablet with me at work, but I will give these drivers a whirl tonight, and report what I find. Thanks for the update.

5. wishfool2

wishfool2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed latest hp touchpad drivers last night,this has definitely fixed the touchpad issue of not starting on wake up which is great.

Finding that the touchpad is a bit less responsive generally, v hard to swipe in from sides though this is possible (just using screen much easier), and scrolling is not always smooth - can be jerky esp noticeable in win 8 start menu, but these are small sacrifices for having the touchpad work on wake up.

Also found that after the chipset upgrade i was getting some serious flickering issues but a reboot seems to have fixed, will keep monitoring....

6. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

No, I didn't update any of my drivers with the ones here, and my Tab blacked out after thirty-seven good days.

7. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

I also didnt update my drivers and my tablet blacked out on me.

8. mitsumaui

mitsumaui Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey All,

Thanks for your great post! It's helped me get some more stability out of my VivoTab... I did try and find some Wacom drivers but surprised at how different it is in here compared with counterparts!

I wanted to post, as not sure if anyone noticed it not, but you can actually pull the Sammy drivers from the SWUpdate software! I tried this for some drivers and had success in a couple (chipset etc.)

Basically if you goto Samsung website - look up drivers for XE500T1C-A02UK, then download the SWUpdate software - once you get it installed, you'll need to search for the above device again, and it will present all the software/drivers. Just Click on drivers you want and click Export - and they will be downloaded.

Apologies I've not spent enough time as yet to find out if they are newer than those already posted here (if in fact if this has already been posted) however I hope this helps if anyone is willing to spend a little time playing about! :)

Jase

9. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

How are the new graphics drivers? Can anyone try and see if the image can be stretched at lower resolutions? I tried some older games 800x600 and they stay in the middle of the screen...

10. quam6246

quam6246 Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw it looked like HP had posted some different drivers on their website on 1/24 (sp60594) as compared to the ones posted on this guide (sp60247). Are the ones on the HP website the older drivers people were talking about earlier in the thread or are they something newer? Does anyone have any experience with the drivers currently posted on HP's website (the sp60594 ones)?

Thanks!