TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly what use is this getsn program? Isn`t the S/n on the bottom left edge of the tablet.

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey Breed, can`t exactly read the tone of this comment. Are you just being sarcastic or real? Lol!

3. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Since some of the drivers were actually pulled back, do you think it's wise to install them? I don't get this "latest version" obsession.
    My tab is working fine and I'm willing to bet that the " TF810 Dead" thread were eagerly updating drivers for no reason. Last but not least I'm willing to bet this device has an odd power management setup that will not work well with generic drivers.

4. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Power Management in Windows 8 requires a dedicated chip to control new power management features such as Connected Standby. These are know as PEPs (or Power Engine Plugins). You can see the one in the Vivo under System Devices. This chip will be the same on every device since it's on the SoC within the Vivo. The drivers are, in theory, the same across all manufactures as it is identical hardware.

The power management relating to battery features specific to the VivoTab will be within the firmware in the dock and tablet. This will not be touched by these drivers.

Drivers come under the category of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix'. If you feel your Tablet is running fine, then I'd agree, there's no point in updating. I however had graphical glitches, apps crashing regular BSODs that these drivers fix. I'm sure many others had/have similar problems.

I'd agree with your assessment of them being pulled however, but I don't have an issue with them. I noticed the EULA mentioned they were BETA, so perhaps that's why they were pulled?

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello folks, are you ready for good news for a change?

Some weeks ago I filled a form at Wacom's site complaining about the lack of drivers support for wacom pen in the Vivotab. And today I received this email, I wasn't expecting this at all:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello,

I just wanted to give you an update. We should be coming out, barring no major issues found, a driver release that will fix the problem with the Vivo tab and no pressure. I would look for it in about another few weeks as it still has not hit the qa cycle yet.
    Thanks!"
    --
    Sherry Egli-Doster
    Wacom Sr SQA Test Tech
    Wacom | Interactive Pen Displays & Digital Drawing Tablets

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's cross our fingers, I wonder what would have happened if I, or someone else, had not filled a complaint form, but this could confirm that we should get ourselves be heard; ...although this should be not necessary in the first place, companies should release drivers since the beginning, but I guess it's one of the problems of being on an ecosystem as diverse as Windows, with so many devices etc. Still no excuse of course ;). [sorry for my English]

6. shadow

shadow Pen Pal - Newbie

hello fellow tf810c owners .. after several weeks fighting with "support" at ASUS, i finally returned my unit and had another one sent to me from CDW. I extracted all the drivers using a freeware app called double driver, and have successfully reinstalled all my drivers on a clean install of windows 8 enterprise.

i have uploaded all the drivers to my skydrive account, and will be porting them over to a dropbox account and make the files available for public use. I will update this post tonight from home, with the public link once i have full access to dropbox.

i hope this helps all of you, as it helped me.

-shadow

7. shadow

shadow Pen Pal - Newbie

the files have been uploaded to once dropbox, I will post them here once forum rules allow me to.

8. shadow

shadow Pen Pal - Newbie

9. marguneri

marguneri Pen Pal - Newbie

PM me with url? (is that against the rules)

10. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

Shadow, are the driver versions newer? Exciting!
    There're no rules against posting drivers, so feel free to link us all when you're ready :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.