TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Breed, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Guide below is now obsolete. Drivers are now available via LiveUpdate. More details at: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/55566-new-asus-drivers-810-2-20-13-a.html

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

This is fantastic. Thank you to both you and Schnabe.

Also, this should be a flipping sticky. Does this forum have mods?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Great job! Repped!

4. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Great job Breed putting everything into one thread! I wish we could sticky this.

I too am enjoying the TF810C now that everything is ironed out.

5. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

I find myself in disbelief that it's actually working. I keep coming back every hour or two just to see whether it will really come back up without hanging, trackpad problems, and without a surprise battery drain. It's working beautifully now. Here's hoping it stays that way.

For me, this machine really is the great promise. I've been waiting for the better part of a decade.

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the drivers dude.
    One more thing though, did you or Schnabe resolve the problem of multi touch on the touchpad after replacing the stock driver with the one from HP? I believe someone complained in another thread about losing pinch to zoom functionality with the HP drivers. Thanks again.

7. Breed

Schnabe has been the touchpad guinea pig. He originally tried some form the Synaptics website, which broke multitouch. But I can confirm with the HP drivers multitouch works fine.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the quick response Breed.

9. woshisb

woshisb Pen Pal - Newbie

This is why I LOVE this forum!

P.S. I have found that updating the generic HID driver for touchpad has made my touchpad so slow that it's almost unusable, so I rolled back on that one and everything works! My main interest in the touchpad driver is to gain access to 3 and 4 finger gestures, and now I have them!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, multi-touch works great with the new drivers, but you have to make sure you update both Synaptics devices listed in the control panel (see 1st post in this thread). You even get additional functionality with the new driver set.

I've went through a lot messing with various drivers, and was glad when I decided to try HP's drivers, that they worked (after a manual update).

11. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member

The Asus notifications no longer work after using this driver, right? Any other side effects of installing this driver? I have almost every other driver installed but the trackpad and BT so this is the only remaining problem I have.

12. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member

I know I am posting to various threads in regards to stylus pressure sensitivity for programs like Painter and Photoshop...but do any of these solve that problem also...or is it in a different category altogether?

13. Breed

ASUS notifications are still working fine for me with all of the drivers listed installed.

14. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

All of this is great news. This is by far the Atom tablet I'm most interested in-- it's either something like this, once used, or holding out for a more powerful iCore like the Helix. If pressure sensitivity could just work with the Wacom drivers. It's basically a complete no-go without it for me.

15. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, after a few reboots (due to other software installs) my ASUS notifications have come back. Not sure what caused them to disappear, but they are back now. No other side effects other than a small hit on CPU usage (~3% when using the touchpad).

16. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not have either program to test with. I guess I could download a trial and give it a whirl. I doubt any of the drivers we updated would affect this. I wonder if there is a way to port over the driver that is included with the Samsung 500T, since it also has a Wacom digitizer? I thought I remember reading on that forum that users have gotten it to work on the 500T?

17. efjay

Ok, great. Thanks for the replies. Guess that's my task tonight...

18. Vladicard

Vladicard Pen Pal - Newbie

The synaptics driver seems to work not right. When I am scrolling with two fingers it feels not smoothly. Is that the common feeling?

19. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks you Schnabe...I don't expect anyone to go to those lengths to test something they themselves would not use...but it was very kind and generous in intent. Maybe someone who does use those programs and reads this thread might try.

It would be a dream come true to have something lightweight and with decent battery life that could run Corel Painter...even if It lagged on larger or special brushes. A lot of what I do is simply sketch out ideas in color for oil paintings.

Thanks again...I know those of us who want these tablets for digital art purposes are not in the majority..so it is nice to see our queries being replied to...so we don't feel too invisible.

20. efjay

The Synaptic drivers aren't working that well for me. As Vladicard stated two finger scrolling isn't as smooth as with the default drivers and on the Start Screen or any other scrollable screen it seems as if its in conflict with the regular drivers, if I scroll to the left or right the screen jumps back in the opposite direction. Going to roll those back for now and just deal with the wake up issue.