TF810 Dead

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nheel, Dec 27, 2012.

1. MikeAlvelais

MikeAlvelais Pen Pal - Newbie

I just experienced this problem this morning. Purchased on July 10, and today (August 10) it won't fire up :mad:, but will "vibrate" just fine. Same troubleshooting steps as all of you, but no joy. Was encouraged that you suspected it was a batch issue UNTIL I looked at my unit and saw that it is a D10KAS. And like other users, I SWEAR by ASUS. In 10 years of purchasing predominately ASUS parts and products for my company (all our Mobo's and laptops) this is my very first problem with any ASUS product I've purchased, and its sad to see that its a common issue with no resolution.

I really really REALLY liked this unit too. Its was the perfect solution for all the variables I wanted. I'll get an exchange and hopefully the next one will not have this issue, but I don't like to operate like that. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mike

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well the same just happened to me now. This just 2 weeks after getting back my unit from Asus Japan where they held it for more than a month to fix a touchpad issue. I've tried the reset hole and no response. It's going back to Asus Japan again.
    Funny thing is that it never had this problem before I had it RTMed. Any advise please?

3. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Bit of a necro, but didn't want to start a new thread. I got this issue last week :(

Sent it off for repair two days ago, so we'll see how long it will take to get back. This is the second time I've RMA'd this (though not for the same issue). Not impressed considering how much this device cost me. Will seriously re-consider buying another ASUS device again.

I thought I'd dodged the bullet on this issue considering I've had it 10.5 months now. Suppose I should just be glad it's still in warranty!

4. Elena Balland

Elena Balland Pen Pal - Newbie

My Nexus tablet is also dead. What is worse there is no telephone number to call on the website, for Toronto it gives the telephone number of the company that do not provide any more service and when I found at last from Best Buy one Asus number they Asus gave me number that is not in service.Is Asus bankrupt and do not any more provide the waranty?

5. manin

manin Pen Pal - Newbie

:mad: I bought the asus tf810-c and I returned it back cause the same problem "dead", and then I bought another tf810 and I'm having the same problem.

6. a6000000

a6000000 Pen Pal - Newbie

yes

start power button with volume down :

please select boot device
    ------
    Windows boot Manager
    Enter Setup
    ------
    ... select boot device / ESC to boot using default
    ------

7. a6000000