TF810 Dead

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nheel, Dec 27, 2012.

1. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't update to any HP, Lenovo, Samsung, or whatever drivers. I had several windows 8 updates, that's it. And yes I was having crappy network problems ("fixed" it by dropping my network to a g signal) and sorry touchpad/keyboard issues. Didn't find this forum until my tab died.

2. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is shipping from CA as well, looks like I am getting a new one. I also just completed the customer survey. Here is my reply, but not very hopeful anything will change since customer service doesn't seem to be an area they have any interest in.

20 years working in IT and I have always recommended ASUS motherboards and products, but this one really left me soured on ASUS customer service. I paid $1000 for a product which broke after 5 days, which I understand things happen. It is how the repair process went that upsets me. I sent the product in and never received an email saying it arrived. At no time did I receive anything telling me the ETA of repairs, although I did finally find a place on the website where I could check the status. Finally, I would think after paying so much for a machine that broke in the first week, ASUS could ship the device back a little faster than the budget FedEx option. I hope that one saved you a lot of money. You actually make great products, but if it is going to take three weeks to get back equipment I am relying on, especially with 5-6 days of that being budget shipping, then I have no other choice than to stick with Dell or IBM because they understand customer service.

Just to clarify, I was upset about it breaking after just 5 days and finding it to be a common issue on the forums, but I still understand things happen. If Asus had responded by cross shipping me a new unit, made it an option to have a new one sent overnight once the old one arrived, or at very least sent the returned one back overnight, I would have a much different opinion. You didn't even try because you really don't care about your customers. That's how I feel about it.

3. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Holy crap! My replacement Tab died! Same problem, power button buzz, hard restart useless, black screen.

4. -sigge-

-sigge- Pen Pal - Newbie

You must really be unlucky. I don't have any issues with my device. It makes me sad to hear about all the problems people are experiencing and relating on this forum. It's such a wonderful piece of equipment, when it just works.

5. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an FYI here - I work for a company that customizes and resells the units. Of the 20 or so that we've sold, three have been returned with the dead/buzz problem, the last one just today. Only one has been through the RMA process and like the other posters' was replaced by a brand new unit.

6. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Third time a charm?
    Got my replacement, I'm considering selling this one.
    Well, this new one has a serial number that starts with D1OKA, the ones that died had CCOKA and CBOKA. Is this a possible indication of batch problems? Just grasping for any sign, hope, whatever.

7. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Pen Pal - Newbie

I can confirm that the units we've had to return were all CBOKA.

8. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting. Maybe I'll keep it, but will wait for more replies before opening. Thanks, Jeff.

9. nightworking

nightworking Pen Pal - Newbie

Got a D1OKA for more than 5 days now. Still working :)

10. lancet

lancet Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately I've had the exact same problem as well. Had the Tab for 2 months with the only problem being a blown speaker after 2 days (which I was doing nothing about not wanting to send it off for repair yet) and then the whole unit died with the black screen-vibrate as described above. The serial no. is CBOKA... I've actually bought another unit (which is fine so far for 3 days) and will now send off the original unit for repair. I am in Australia and I bought it on ebay from the States (original reseller Microsoft store) but the international warranty is fine and the Australian ASUS technical people gave me an RMA to send it off.