TF810 Dead

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nheel, Dec 27, 2012.

1. afiess

afiess Pen Pal - Newbie

I just had the same problem! I just got mine last night & was playing around w/ it today when I got the BSOD. It would not turn back on. I tried every combination of pushing the manual reset, power button, but no response, other than the vibration. Has anyone found out the cause or fix for this? If not, I'm thinking of sending it back for a refund and just waiting until the Envy X2 comes out. It's a shame, b/c I always thought ASUS made quality product and this tablet is beautiful...

2. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried both with no luck. The support guy said I should leave it set until the battery went dead, then it would probably work after. I told him it would probably take 2 weeks to go dead when off. I am connecting my phone charger to the usb port and letting it drain the tablet battery overnight. I asked him what they would do when I sent it back and he said they have a way to kill the battery. I bet they open it up and just disconnect it to reset, like you would normally remove the battery from a laptop when it hangs. I am very tempted to try and open this thing up myself, but hate to void the warranty when it is only a few days old.

3. afiess

afiess Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have any luck w/ draining the battery, could you let me know? Also if they do reset it by "draining" the battery, is that a permanent fix? Do they know the root cause (i.e. is it driver related, etc.)? If I drain it myself or send it back, I don't want to continue to run into the same problem in the future.

Thanks for your feedback.

4. CharlieBrown

I let it drain overnight and this morning it would no longer even "buzz" when I tried it. I plugged in the power and now I am back to the "buzz" again, but no luck getting it to boot. I would just send back for a refund, but there isn't another tablet out there I like as much. If only the latitude 10 would dock with the keyboard for the xps 10, I would order that one. I think dell really dropped the ball on that one, making the two machines so similar, but not making the keyboard work with both.

5. granite

granite Pen Pal - Newbie

CharlieBrown, do your USB ports supply power? If so, you are in better luck than me. You could attach a keyboard and enter the setup menu upon boot.

6. CharlieBrown

The usb supplies power with the adapter in the actual tablet and pressing the power to get it to buzz. I have tried the keyboard and every other way I know to get into setup or boot to usb, no luck. My biggest fear at this point is I send it back and they fix it, but this continues to occur and the refund period will be past. Not really sure what I am going to do yet, guess I have until Monday, when UPS opens, to decide.

7. CharlieBrown

The support site has show the status as "repair in progress" since 1/10. Pretty slim chance I get it back before school starts on the 17th. I am thinking this is a hardware issue.

8. themugger

themugger Pen Pal - Newbie

I sent mine of repair which seems like ages ago!! spoke to a level 2 tech today finally after many hassling emails and phone calls... Turns out that they are waiting for a part (or so they say) which is going to take an additional 4 days. So looks like the issue is defiantly hardware fault!

Once they have finished the repair ill get as much info as i can and post up for you guys!

Thanks

9. stout5

stout5 Pen Pal - Newbie

WTF!!! It happened to me too. Thirty-seven days, running fine, then black screen. Hard reset doesn't work, only getting the little buzz from holding the power button.
    Question: I requested a RMA, the form says not to include any accessories unless the problem is a power issue. Is this considered a power related issue? did you guys include the AC adapter and cord?

10. gacnz

gacnz Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes.... sadly I have exactly the same problem as described in this thread. I received my TF810 on 14th December in New Zealand. Happily using it since then and agree it's a nice tablet. Wednesday was working fine. Thursday morning just get the normal 'buzz' when you try to turn it on and nothing on the screen :-( very dissapointing. I will be trying to get a hold of our local ASUS team to arrange warranty repair/swap etc. I'll post how I get on.