TF810 Dead

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nheel, Dec 27, 2012.

1. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Been using my Tf810 for a couple of weeks now. I have generally been very happy with it, but today it just decided to crap out on me.

Won't start up at all, not sure why, battery is fully charged, but when I hold down the power button all I get is a buzz that indicates it's trying to turn on and then nothing after that. Really disappointing as I loved this thing.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix? I'm gonna call up asus tomorrow (I think my warranty through Adorama is over) and see about getting a replacement.

Really upset about this.

2. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried the reset button? There's a little hole next to the sleep/power button you can stick a paperclip in.

3. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Tried it to no avail. The screen just won't turn on looks like a hardware issue.

What a bummer looks like I need to send it in for repair. I'll be without for two weeks most likely which sucks.

On the other hand Asus didn't put up much trouble about the warranty. Not yet anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

4. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do you have the dock, maybe try playing with the monitor switch just in case its somehow got stuck outputting to an external monitor.

5. granite

granite Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't believe it - the same thing happened to me yesterday! This is ridiculous for such an expensive tablet.

6. themugger

themugger Pen Pal - Newbie

And guess what the exact same thing has happened to me!!! last night i was using the tablet fine, decided to shut down and go to bed. Woke up in the morning and no display at all!!! i have tried with the dock, without the dock, with power connected, without power connected, the reset button with different combos with power and dock connected etc... all to no avail. Like the original poster all i get is the buzz when holding the power down or pressing the reset button but no display what so ever....

Did any of you guys find out what was wrong with yours or just end up sending off for repair? im based in the uk and it seem no one has no stock at all so even though i could quite easily return for a refund i wont be able to get a replacement for god knows how long! asus reckon upto 10 days for a repair!!!!!!

7. granite

granite Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm back from vacation, so I'm now going to attempt a USB boot and so forth. But I'm not optimistic.

I bet this is related to the astonishingly buggy power management.

8. themugger

themugger Pen Pal - Newbie

Good luck! i have just sent mine off for repair! no laptop now for 2 weeks :(

9. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Pen Pal - Newbie

"And guess what the exact same thing has happened to me!!! last night i was using the tablet fine, decided to shut down and go to bed. Woke up in the morning and no display at all!!! i have tried with the dock, without the dock, with power connected, without power connected, the reset button with different combos with power and dock connected etc... all to no avail. Like the original poster all i get is the buzz when holding the power down or pressing the reset button but no display what so ever...."
    Just got mine 5 days ago and this happened to me. Search led me here.This sucks, I paid way too much for this to be having these kinds of issues. I don't know if I should send it back for repair or send it back for refund.I hate this, always been a big fan of asus motherboards.

10. granite

granite Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone with a working TF810 try booting the device with the volume up or down button held? The former should bring up a system setup menu, and the latter should attempt to boot from USB.