Tell them about the Twinkie.

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by kwg06516, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwg06516

kwg06516 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a pretty full 64 GB SSD on my old EP121 and recently it has begun behaving oddly with respect to available space.

I recently cleaned out a bunch of old files and after running CCleaner I had about 8GB free. A few days later I checked and there was only 3.2 GB free! I hadn't downloaded anything or used it much so I ran a couple of different virus and malware scans and reran CCleaner and got back about 10 MB. I turned off the wifi connection and a couple of days later I had 10 MB of free space. I ran CCleaner again but it only deleted a few MB so I am panicking. I deleted another 1GB of files I have on backup and tried running the disk cleanup. It tells me I have 4.7 GB in windows update cleanup but when I run the disk cleanup the green progress bar sweeps in five seconds and the window closes. No 4.7 GB has been removed and I'm back to about 30 MB of free space.

WTF is going on here? Do I need to bail and wipe this drive? How do I do this when no disks came with the damn thing?

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

The window cleaner may try to do a backup just in case but ran out of disk space..Try run cclean again..
    I have 16g left..I deleted alots of software I don't use. I moved many data files to another computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.