Tecra M4 screen protector & case

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by poetdante, Oct 23, 2005.

1. tfbi98

tfbi98 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just purchased a Tecra M4 Tablet PC and I would like to purchase a screen protector in order to avoid scratching the screen. I would also like to purchase an "always on" protective case for the Tecra so that the Tablet can alweays be used within the case both in Notebook or Tablet mode.

Please, can you suggest me what to buy? and also where to buy it? (I live in Spain)

Thanks a lot

2. tpc2d2

tpc2d2 Pen Pal - Newbie

hola,
    I live in Spain to, Where do you buy this unit? How much does it cost to u? Thaks a lot.

3. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well the screen protector can be found at Strong Engineering. Look around the forum. there is a review on them either in the accessories or the hardware section.

4. tfbi98

tfbi98 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info poetdante. By the way... Do you think that this tablet really needs a screen protector?

tpc92 I bought it through a "mayorista" called Memory Set.

5. poetdante

yes. yes it does. not only does it protect your screen (which costs around 500 usd to fix but it also makes the screen feel more like paper when you write on it. It does not hinder the brightness or anything. get a keyboard protector also from toshiba. I have accidentally spilled a bit of water and were it not for the keyboard prtector I don't know what would have happened. mind you it was just a bit that landed on the center of the keyboard)

6. tpc2d2

tpc2d2 Pen Pal - Newbie

not tpc92 its tpc2d2 ;) i live in Zaragoza... memory set is here... thank you.
    If you buy a screen prot. tell us qitch one...
    is your m4 with 64 mb or 128 mb in video?
    thaks again

7. tfbi98

tfbi98 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot for your advice. I have just ordered mine today.

8. tfbi98

tfbi98 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry for my mistake with your name ;)
    I'm glad if my info was of any help to you.

I have just ordered the screen protector from "Strong Engineering", following poetdante's advice.

My M4 has 64MB for video (that was the only model available at Memory Set)
    Regards

9. poetdante

be careful with hairs that might get stuck under the screen. Just blow air from a can a little while you do it.

10. kayen

kayen Pen Pal - Newbie

Water shouldn't do it any harm as long as you turn it off and let the unit dry out before using it again. Laptop keyboards are usually closed underneath so it may not even be strictly necessary to wait for it to dry, but it will at least ensure you have no typing glitches. What you don't want getting into your computer is something like Coke - it will eat the thin copper tracks on anything it touches.