Tecra M4 Display Driver

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by TabbedOut, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunlaing

dunlaing Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a Tecra M4 with an Nvidia card (the better of the two options...but I forget exactly the number,...maybe 6600?).

Anyway,...

I'm running XP and was having some video problems with a game. I downloaded the Nvidia driver from a third party site that has a utility that lets you use the latest driver on your laptop. It works fine as a video driver except for one thing...

The only way I can rotate the screen now seems to be by using the Nvidia utility to rotate the screen. When I do that, my mouse reverses (so you have to move it to the left to get the cursor to go to the right) and the tablet reverses (so you have to point at the left side of the screen to get the cursor on the right side).

I tried just using the tablet PC control panel to calibrate the screen, but it just fails to recognize where I'm tapping the screen (I guess it figures that if it puts the crosshairs in the upper left and I tap in the lower right, that I have problems Calibration won't solve).

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Toshiba's website has a new display driver, but it says it's a Vista driver. Can I use that in XP?

Also, I have a copy of Vista that we got when my wife bought her laptop. It's not the tablet version of Vista though. Would I be able to install that on my M4? Should I? (we haven't installed it on her machine, we just filled out the form to get the upgrade sent to us for free and then shelved it).

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've heard good things about Vista for tablets, but my fear of new things and unstable software prevents me from installing it at this time. As far as the video driver...
    Link (new window)

not sure if this will help, but this is the XP driver

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.