Teclast X80H Dual Boot Tablet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by will567, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

The best thing to do is go to xda forum , and search for x98 air II dual boot. That forums first post has links to using the rom toolbox to root and a video that shows how to get everything in English on windows. Pretty much anything that works for the x98 works on the x80h, except roms.
    Also check out the x80h thread there for apps to safely remove.

2. Ajibolaadebisi

Ajibolaadebisi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello
    I just got the teclast x80h yesterday and while i was trying to get around the device, I uncheck the box which allows the device to ask me which OS do I want to run whenever I restart the tablet. Now, I am stuck with windows alone, please how can I get around to get access to my android OS on the device. Thanks

3. will567

hold volume down and power button when turning the device on, should get the option then.

4. ozaz

ozaz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I'm interested to give this (or a different Teclast tablet) a try.
    I wonder if someone could help me with a few questions I have:

1. Does the tablet & power charger have any kind of internationally recognised certification marks for electrical devices? (e.g. CE, FCC). Maybe it's unfounded concern, but I've never bought a device intended for Chinese market before, and I don't know what the safety standards are.

2. How is the SD card handled in a dual-boot environment? Does it get dedicated to one OS, or do you have write access in both environments? If the latter, is there a potential for corruption (e.g. doing something to the card in Windows that messes up the way Android works)

3. Does the tablet support Miracast? Is this in both Windows & Android?

Thank you

5. will567

It only has CCC certification, which is a Chinese standard.
    SD card works with both os, don't think you can mess that up.
    It does have the option to cast screen, but I don't know how well that works, not having a device to cast to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. Callmenobody

Callmenobody Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I just got my tablet and it is working great. There is one thing I would like to know.
    When I reboot in android there is no "problem" but if I turn it off in windows I can't restart the tablet for several minutes, nothing happens when I press the power button, is this normal or is there some fault?
    I have only used teclast update app to fix the play store, no root or anything.

7. will567

That's odd, I never got that problem. As long as it does boot I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my X80h(FB5M) using Tapatalk

8. Callmenobody

Hey, watch out for the new firmware update.
    I just updated mine and started Windows. I got a bluescreen with chinese symbols and a ":(".
    After that I can't start the tablet at all.

9. will567

There is a thread on xda that should help you to recover the tablet, just Google for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. Callmenobody

Thanks, Still looking for the exact recovery instructions but since I have had the tablet for less than a week and I haven't modified it in any way I sent a warrany claim to the seller (Hongkongeek), I'll wait for their reply before I do anything :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.