TechTarget privacy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Bishop, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Every time I visit TPCR on my iPad using Safari, I get hit with the privacy policy warning.

While I appreciate the simplicity of one switch (“Don’t sell my information”) it gets annoying fast.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yeah I was seeing that for the longest time on my favorite theme. Switching to an overly blue theme I haven't seen it again (I'm now on "default style" in browsing preferences). Not sure why it's theme dependent. If an admin every starts looking into that, the addition of a dark theme would be greatly appreciated!

dellaster likes this.
  3. Bishop

Clarification please: an iOS theme, a Safari theme, or a TPCR theme? I’ve never seen a setting for the latter.

4. JoeS

Oh sorry, TPCR theme/style. When you click the "browsing preferences" link in my post in a browser, you should get to your preferences page, and at the top there is a setting "style".

Edit: note, you need to hit 'save' at the bottom to save any changes to your settings.

yodamiked and Bronsky like this.
  5. Bishop

All these years I never noticed that. Will try it. thanks.

JoeS likes this.
  6. JoeS

If you were already on the "default style" though I'm not sure if changing the style will do anything. I used to be on style TPC-xenfoogle and got those popups, and I haven't seen them since switching to "default style". Too blue for my liking, but beats the popups. Hope it works for you.

7. Bishop

Discovered I was on zenfoogle whatever. No more. Think you’re onto something about that style definition.

JoeS likes this.
  8. Bishop

I changed to default and haven’t seen the privacy nag since. Also, the style choice is wired to the account profile. I changed it on my iPad and next time I opened the browser on my desktop, voila, it was changed too.

thank you sir.

yodamiked and JoeS like this.