TCL New Tablets including one with a stylus

Discussion in 'Other Android Tablet Manufacturers' started by desertlap, Sep 3, 2020.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We haven't had hands on with either of these yet, but we supposedly are getting the model with the stylus at some point.

TCL phones are actually pretty decent and score high on the value for price paid scale. One issue that they have currently is distribution is spotty to date. We hear that they are going to offer the tablets to the same sellers that currently sell their televisions so perhaps we might see these in Walmart or Best Buy.

Not a competitor to the Tab S7 but possibly decent buy for someone looking for a stylus enabled tablet, though given the bargain pricing I've seen lately on the Tab S6 lite, even that's an uphill climb

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419659/tcl-10-tab-max-mid-move-audio-s200-family-watch-announced

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I saw that. Do we know what pen tech it might be using? Wacom AES maybe?

3. desertlap

@bloodycape We are told Wacom , but don't have one in hand yet to verify and with some of these vendors it's the only way to be certain

bloodycape and Marty like this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I take AES & not EMR?

5. desertlap

Yes AES

6. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It’s unfortunate that only the 10” supports a stylus. 8” tablets w/pen are... just limited to the iPad mini 5 now? I do like that they’re both FHD+, in the proper sense it seems: 2160 x 1440, 3:2 (some articles and at least one dictionary tag 2220 x 1080 screens as FHD+). :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Specs wise, 10" pretty much falls in line with S6 Lite, except AES instead of EMR.

I hope for their sake it's much cheaper than S6 Lite, but S6 Lite is already down to $275 in US...

8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

8", you have the galaxy tab A with spen (2019) aka P205. I am using it as a phone and a tablet every day, and I am writing this post with my pen

dellaster likes this.
  9. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I missed that one, thanks. Good option for those with GSM cellular. No use at all for me with Verizon, however.